Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

After all of the people coming out saying that Tomlin failed because he couldn't control guys like Brown and Bell, I think a lot of people should be eating crow right now.

I don't know how much crow that many are eating, but somewhere between the two lies the truth.  Could the Steelers and Coach T have handled or dealt with players like AB, Bell, Harrison and others differently? Could he have handled some of Big Ben's comments differently? Could he have handled the situation with the politics, flag and Big Al differently? Sure! Most effeminately! Absolutely! Hindsight is always 20/20 vision.  I think coach T and company did what they thought was best for each player, situation and time.

Were the players listed responsible for their own actions? A resounding heck yeah! All of them.  Ben seems to have learned some things. Harrison even back tracked on some of his comments about Coach T's handling of Ben, AB and Bell. I think many of us forget, that you can't CONTROL grown @$$ men, especially Apex/Alpha Males. It seems that everyone except AB has moved on/taken a higher road, etc.

I know that many of us were critical of the compensation that the Steelers received for such a talented player as AB. That 3rd and 5th we got for AB looks pretty darn generous right now. 

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

Problem is:

a lot of people are saying that AB is like this only because Tomlin didn’t call him out publicly. 

Tomlin is apparently supposed to babysit and guide 53 grown men, on and off the field.

People who blame Tomlin are idiots.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Who can we trade to Oakland next? Artie Burns?

maybe, but wait and see.  I was thinking the texans and the dolphins especially since artie is from the U .  AB isn't a player that the steelers need that's for sure.  I can't believe how out of control he has been this offseason and then of course the end to last season. 

16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Tomlin is apparently supposed to babysit and guide 53 grown men, on and off the field.

when you call yourself (as a bragging point) "leader of men" then yeh, that's part of your job.

Good to see you finally ditched his avatar though, guess enough is enough even for you.

AB84 was never the same (at least in public eye) after that Burfict hit.   his brain should go to CTE studies

On 2019-09-06 at 9:22 AM, skywlker32 said:

After all of the people coming out saying that Tomlin failed because he couldn't control guys like Brown and Bell, I think a lot of people should be eating crow right now.

maybe I should eat crow, because I put blame on tomlin for not having as much control over these players, yet it turns out he might have done ab out as good of a job as possible in todays nfl culture.  This is really bad by the looks of it, but we will see how the steeler are from here.  Lets see if there are any newer players that are like this or near this, wait and see. I still am waiting for ben to call people out and shoulder the blame, that has to stop for me to be a believer that the players are under control (finally). 

7 hours ago, Chieferific said:

AB "apologized" and is slated to play Monday. Losing $30 million can humble a Man I guess. 

does he collect and then continue the drama though? A poll for this in the news section perhaps:$ I don't think this is the last of the drama from that diva

I just had to edit this, seeing he is asking for a release 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051670/article/antonio-brown-posts-release-me-on-instagram

Edited by 3rivers

17 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It's all just a microcosm of today's society, TBH...it's ALWAYS somebody else's fault, the only reason X player acted the way he did, is because he was handled improperly, etc...same thing wiht kids and parenting..."If only his momma loved him more, he'd be a better person..."  Blah, Blah...or the opposite end ...if Coach GM X didn't take control of the locker room the way they should have, this never would've happened, so on and so forth...EVERYTHING and EVERYBODY has an excuse for why X happened to them...this sense of entitlement to everything...oh, and that entitlement has a time restriction...not only is X person ENTITLED to Y, but he's entitled to it, right now...

What the heck happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions??   As we focus back in on AB...when the hell did he ever some out and say "oh, my bad"  That 'staged apology' lasted how many hours??  IDK...I'm trying to keep up...I can't tell when AB and the Raiders are 'All Good', and when they are on the outs...it's like a tennis match, haha...

Seriously...AB needs to grow up, and realize that not EVERYTHING is about HIM, ALL of  the TIME!...what a joke...

Edited by Ward4HOF
  • Like 1