Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

12 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

I can see how that meeting is going to play out...

When two immovable forces meet...this is gonna be great!!

I see more a riff this:

• Bill Lumbergh : Milt, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK? 

Milton Waddams : Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

But:

• Bill Belichick: Toni, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you into out locker room. We have some old people more important, and we need all the Pittsburgh intel we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and tell us what's in there, that would be terrific, OK? 

Antonio Brown: Excuse me, I believe you have my check...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually find it sad. Sure, there is a part of me that feels like he got what he deserved considering his behavior on and off the field. But when things were good, he was up there with one of my all time favorite Steelers. The fall from grace was swift and brutal.  Such a disappointment. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

At the rate he is going, he will be broke before this season ends

spending huge amounts of money, multiple kids to different women, several lawsuits. Dude is only 31 and with his behavior the only thing that will change in his life is the amount of money he brings in.. and that amount is getting smaller by the day. I feel bad for the people(mainly his kids) who have to rely on this dude.

• Like 1

As I said, this isnt funny.

It's easy to take joy in watching the downfall of a player who spurned us, but let's all remember that there was a time when most Steeler fans adored the guy and it wasnt that long ago.  Watching him fall apart as a person is not funny whatsoever, especially considering he has young children watching their father self destruct.

I'm not saying anyone has to feel bad for him or like him...I don't either.  But I certainly dont see any humor in it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

As I said, this isnt funny.

It's easy to take joy in watching the downfall of a player who spurned us, but let's all remember that there was a time when most Steeler fans adored the guy and it wasnt that long ago.  Watching him fall apart as a person is not funny whatsoever, especially considering he has young children watching their father self destruct.

I'm not saying anyone has to feel bad for him or like him...I don't either.  But I certainly dont see any humor in it.

I now I said this to you in the NFL news thread on all of this but, to just put it out there where more fans are:

I would feel bad for him if he was sent out of Pittsburgh via trade without anything coming out, if he was cut, if we just let him walk. 

But he burned it all down on his way out. Trashed the locker room, trashed the QB, trashed the new young WR, trashed the coach, the GM, the organization. And after all of that he begged the fans to still love him. 

Even if you want to excuse the QB, WR, Coach bashing, when you make comments about the franchise as a whole the way he did; you don’t get my pity. 

This isn’t some tragedy of a misunderstood guy who just needs someone to love him. This is a narcissistic dirt bag who managed to keep the dirt bag part hidden away, who right now is getting what he deserves for turning his back on a team, coach, GM, organization, and city that had his back. 

Screw him. Don’t feel sad one minute for this guy. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I now I said this to you in the NFL news thread on all of this but, to just put it out there where more fans are:

I would feel bad for him if he was sent out of Pittsburgh via trade without anything coming out, if he was cut, if we just let him walk. 

But he burned it all down on his way out. Trashed the locker room, trashed the QB, trashed the new young WR, trashed the coach, the GM, the organization. And after all of that he begged the fans to still love him. 

Even if you want to excuse the QB, WR, Coach bashing, when you make comments about the franchise as a whole the way he did; you don’t get my pity. 

This isn’t some tragedy of a misunderstood guy who just needs someone to love him. This is a narcissistic dirt bag who managed to keep the dirt bag part hidden away, who right now is getting what he deserves for turning his back on a team, coach, GM, organization, and city that had his back. 

Screw him. Don’t feel sad one minute for this guy. 

Like I said, I have no issue with people not feeling bad for him, because I dont either.     Even though I think he definitely has some mental issues, I think alot of his downfall is just due to ego, and thinking he is some kind of untouchable entity who can do whatever he wanted.     He spent the last few years making huge money, being told he is one of the best players in pro football and one of the best WRs to ever play the game.   I really think it went to his head.

In the end, all Im saying is I take no joy in watching him fall apart, and I dont think anyone else should either.    If not for him, then for his kids.