Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

I’m keep imagining this AB news (social media) cycle. 

- Steelers and team discuss quality offer, 1st round/high second 

- AB and his agents get a call from the team to discuss financials 

- AB on social media “big news coming!” 

- AB and agents want to be paid $30M per fully guaranteed (exaggerating, but not by much)

- Team calls Steelers back now offering a 7th 

- Deal dies...

I never thought of Friday as a deadline, but I was kinda of hoping that this weekend may have been a jump off point for the Steelers to come out Monday and say - the value wasnt there, at this point we are moving onto focusing on free agency and the draft. 

Attempting to put it out there to AB that he has destroyed his own value and saying we plan on keeping you and partly just to put a stamp on this chapter for now. If he wants to continue to do the things that have gotten us to this point then be ready to be a steeler, retire, or accept a trade to a team like the bills to get your wish of a trade but maybe not the perfect scenario he seems to think he is in control of. 

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Thing is, Colbert already lost all his leverage by letting AB nix a trade with Bills and by appearing desperate to trade AB.

I disagree because we don’t know what he was offered. If it was a first, I don’t think he lost leverage at all.