Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

Good freaking riddance. Once Brown sabotaged the Bills trade the writing was on the wall that the Steelers weren't going to get what they originally wanted. Now the headache is gone. They can now focus on free agency. He was an amazing talent here and supplied incredible plays. However, he clearly showed he could care less about the team. He just wants money and stats. Of course I wish they could have gotten more but I'm just glad this saga is finally over with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Colbert is a *****.   

I think I hate him even more than Brown at this point.   

I'm now officially ready for a top-down, blow it all up rebuild. Colbert & Co. better strike gold this year because they haven't been making any friends lately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Good freaking riddance. Once Brown sabotaged the Bills trade the writing was on the wall that the Steelers weren't going to get what they originally wanted. Now the headache is gone. They can now focus on free agency. He was an amazing talent here and supplied incredible plays. However, he clearly showed he could care less about the team. He just wants money and stats. Of course I wish they could have gotten more but I'm just glad this saga is finally over with.

After the bills deal was blown up by brown our 2 options were this or not trade him at all. At this point i am with you in that I am glad he is gone. Cant wait to see carrs last season for the raiders as he melts under the ish storm brown will bring on him for not being the qb he needs.

• Like 1

It seemed like the right football move to deal him for whatever you could get for him.  They couldn't have gone into the season with him on the team blasting off on social media every week--it would've been an absolute nightmare.

With that being said, its a horrible look for the front office to not stand by their principles.  I don't know if it will bite them in the future because the situation was so unique BUT Tomlin & Colbert look borderline incompetent lately between the Harrison situation, having Bell holdout and now this.  It's also a horrible look for the league--this is the first time I've seen an NFL player completely control the trade situation (something that happens in the NBA all the time) 

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Colbert is a *****.   

I think I hate him even more than Brown at this point.   

Colbert is a bunch of asterisks???

What did you expect to get in return for Brown?  There was a reason a bunch of teams were dropping out of the race for him.

3 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Colbert is a bunch of asterisks???

What did you expect to get in return for Brown?  There was a reason a bunch of teams were dropping out of the race for him.

I wouldve kept him and benched him this year before I caved in to him and traded him for poor value.         

Waiting for people to start reaching to defend this.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I wouldve kept him and benched him this year before I caved in to him and traded him for poor value.         

Waiting for people to start reaching to defend this.   

So you would have dealt with that drama for a whole nother year???

How would his stock have improved by sitting on the bench and becoming a year old?

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

So you would have dealt with that drama for a whole nother year???

Rather than cave into Brown for acting like an idiot?

Absolutely.

Who knows?   Had we waited until after FA or the draft....or even into training camp, teams would get more desperate and we couldve at least gotten more value that way.

If we didnt....keep him.   If he refuses to play, so be it.....he doesnt get paid.    If he kept causing problems, they could suspend him.

1 minute ago, DR43 said:

How would his stock have improved by sitting on the bench and becoming a year old?

Who cares?  We got next to nothing for him anyway.     Id rather not get much for him and stand up to his antics than cave in like cowards because they are afraid of how much he might talk on social media.

Colbert is a terrible GM.   Time to face facts.