Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

No. Ben is still very talented. He just shouldn’t be the brains of your operation. 

I do agree with the second part of that.  We shouldn't be turning to him for his opinion, but not giving him an extension would be a mistake.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I do agree with the second part of that.  We shouldn't be turning to him for his opinion, but not giving him an extension would be a mistake.

Oh no I’m completely in on Ben and his extension. My response wasn’t to your post. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe, but he is also one of biggest issues. He was terrible last year. He and Boswell effectively helped the defense keep.us out of the playoffs 

Ben didn't play any differently from a comp%, INT%, TD%, Yards per play.  The difference was volume.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

His Ints are what im referring to. In multiple games they were a big issue. Fans need to stop making excuses for him.

Its time to have an exit strategy.

No one is making an excuse.  But it wasn't like he suddenly dropped off a cliff with INT's.  It was actually one of the better INT% of his career.  Did they come at the worst times? Sure.  But it's not like he went from 2 INT's to 20 INT's (**coughElichough**)

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

No one is making an excuse.  But it wasn't like he suddenly dropped off a cliff with INT's.  It was actually one of the better INT% of his career.  Did they come at the worst times? Sure.  But it's not like he went from 2 INT's to 20 INT's (**coughElichough**)

I get that But the ints in combination with him always being in the middle of the drama (the bigger issue i have), it cant always be the other guys. Whats next? Conner gets too big of a star and Ben takes issue with sharing his spot light? Idk what the real issue with him is, ik it aint that but regardless, im over it. It needs to end 

Just now, wwhickok said:

I get that But the ints in combination with him always being in the middle of the drama (the bigger issue i have), it cant always be the other guys. Whats next? Conner gets too big of a star and Ben takes issue with sharing his spot light? Idk what the real issue with him is, ik it aint that but regardless, im over it. It needs to end 

Ben's taken on the blame more often than he's given it out TBH.  Yes he's a drama queen.  I don't think it's with guys being bigger stars than him.  I think I clearly know what the issue with Ben/Brown drama was:  Ben was getting too much credit for Brown's liking, then as Ben started getting production from Connor and Juju, Brown suddenly saw that at 31 and no guaranteed money, he would soon become expendable.  Why do you think he wanted guarantees and a team with no WR options?  It would mean he isn't expendable.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Ben's taken on the blame more often than he's given it out TBH.  Yes he's a drama queen.  I don't think it's with guys being bigger stars than him.  I think I clearly know what the issue with Ben/Brown drama was:  Ben was getting too much credit for Brown's liking, then as Ben started getting production from Connor and Juju, Brown suddenly saw that at 31 and no guaranteed money, he would soon become expendable.  Why do you think he wanted guarantees and a team with no WR options?  It would mean he isn't expendable.

I agree with all of that. But he also gets too much say in coaching changes (seemingly) and so on. I completely understand your pov. Im just ready as a fan to move on to the next era 

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I agree with all of that. But he also gets too much say in coaching changes (seemingly) and so on. I completely understand your pov. Im just ready as a fan to move on to the next era 

I’ve heard conflicting reports on his say in OCs. Some say they did it so there wasn’t a dramatic chance late in his career. Some say the retirement talk is what made them take this route. I’m sure the truth is in the middle. I think they wanted to stay with a familiar system, asked about his relationship with Fitchner, and decided to go with him because of those factors. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Steelers fan need to really listen to you. Ben is part of the team losing its top RB and WR over the last 5 years, but he gets no heat. The QB is suppose to be the leader and honestly Ben leadership hasn't been that great off or on the field. 

• Like 1