Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

2 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Is the reason the Buffalo deal didn't get done because AB made it clear he didn't want to go there?

Yes.  So it’s not the Brown didn’t have trade value, it’s that he only had trade value to one team. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

Yes.  So it’s not the Brown didn’t have trade value, it’s that he only had trade value to one team. 

That's really too bad.  It wouldn't be out of the question if one of Montez Sweat, Clenlin Ferrill, or Greedy Williams to fall to us.

At the very least, we would have our option of the Devins.

At #20 all five guys could very well be gone.

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Steelers fan need to really listen to you. Ben is part of the team losing its top RB and WR over the last 5 years, but he gets no heat. The QB is suppose to be the leader and honestly Ben leadership hasn't been that great off or on the field. 

Tell me about Ben’s leadership....in detail please. 

Bell wanted money. Period. That’s the end of the story. That had NOTHING to do with Ben. 

Brown wanted money. Period. That’s also the end of the story, and since he had 3 years of a deal he signed left to go he did everything he could to get out of it. It, at the end of the day, ALSO had NOTHING to do with Ben. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dcash4 said:

We have now lost Shazier, Bell, and Brown for a 3rd and a 5th. 

Thats, admittedly, a terrible way to look at it, but I can’t stop thinking about it in that way.

I wouldn’t lump Shazier in with that. That’s wrong to him and Colbert. 

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I wouldn’t lump Shazier in with that. That’s wrong to him and Colbert. 

Oh I’m not trying to lump anyone in or throw it on anyone. But that’s a lot of lost talent for very little return. 

Im not placing blame, but just lookin at top end roster turnover....that hurts. 

Edited by Dcash4

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

we should get a 3rd for bell in 2020, but yeah this sucks

But if we are active in FA, we won’t. That’s the main reason I would have at least liked to explore the tag and trade. Even if it doesn’t work out and you revoke the tag...we aren’t likely to get that pick anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Oh I’m not trying to lump anyone in or throw it on anyone. But that’s a lot of lost talent for very little return. 

Im not placing blame, but just lookin at top end roster turnover....that hurts. 

What I mean Is losing him wasn’t in the control of anyone. 

I’m not pointing any fingers at anyone here but I hate that everyone is freaking out about the cap hit. Everyone knew this was what it was going to take to trade him. This has been a terrible situation for the team. AB put them into a terrible situation and forced their hand. Sitting him all year was not realistic. It sucks, guys, I know. I just hope we make a few good FA pickups and get after it next year. They’ve got me one more year. If it doesn’t pick up, I’m probably done with the NFL.

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

What I mean Is losing him wasn’t in the control of anyone. 

Right, but I’m just looking at it from the standpoint that 2 years ago these three guys were probably top 5 (or top 3) talents on the roster and our compensation for losing them is 2 mediocre, mid rounds picks. 

Like I said, it’s an awful way to look at it. But these last three years we have really siphoned off our top talent and have very little to show for it. 

58 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Tell me about Ben’s leadership....in detail please. 

Bell wanted money. Period. That’s the end of the story. That had NOTHING to do with Ben. 

Brown wanted money. Period. That’s also the end of the story, and since he had 3 years of a deal he signed left to go he did everything he could to get out of it. It, at the end of the day, ALSO had NOTHING to do with Ben. 

Players commenting on other players money we all know that's been said to be a No No and that was something done in the Steelers lockeroom. Ben publicly let information meant to be kept behind closed doors out to the public. Why are you disrespecting Bell while he's tryna do what he needs to do to get paid for his production? Ben got his money and comes off as though Bell and Brown aren't critical parts of that success. Yes Conner is good but he's no Bell. The run game continued to flow but I'm truly looking to see what they do to fill in Browns spot. 100 catches in 6 consecutive seasons and they don't have a relationship off the field. Something is wrong there. Think about that, this is the guy catching 100 of Bens throws and he gets no credit? Brown felt disrespected by Ben and now the Steelers and Ben will pay the price.

I don't care about his age Brown should've at least rendered a 2nd round pick. Brown got what he wanted and now the Steelers have a huge part of there offense gone. How long ago wss it that Ben was talking about retirement? If you guys draft a player Ben doesn't like, will he publicly speak negatively of the Teams decision? So while Brown may have brought distractions, Ben brought his as well. Too bad Steelers fans have to find out this way. All 3 Brown, Bell, and Ben will go down in the Steelers history books and to see the RB and WR want to leave the QB to me says its more than just money. 

Edited by Skins212689

A very under looked at part of this trade. 

2020 could see a potential cap space of $98 million for the Steelers. Major parts to take care of:

Bens extension

Javon Hargrave FA 

Joe Haden FA

Other than that it’s RFA, or (at the moment) inconsequential FAs (Sean Davis, Bud Dupree). Could be looking at a 2020 offseason where the Steelers have about $60 million to spend depending on other cuts and 2019 FAs.

• Like 2