Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

11 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

In the end, all Im saying is I take no joy in watching him fall apart, and I dont think anyone else should either. 

I don't think the joy comes from watching him personally fall apart.  I think more of the joy if coming from me for the NFL masses who laughed at us as he forced his way out and "it's a problem with your franchise."  Then at the Raiders fans who, as the foot thing, helmet thing, missing TC thing were saying "it's ok it's not a problem, we know how to handle him"; then the NFL fans that agreed with that.  Then the Patriots fans who were cheering him on and these allegations came out and "It's ok it's not a problem, we know how to handle guys like this", and the very small amount of people who still defended him.  

I'm taking joy in all of this crap surrounding Brown literally showing that he's a jag off to the n-th degree; and the fans that, after the crap went down at the end of last year, are having to come up with more and more excuses as to why it's everyone else and not Brown.  I'm taking joy in seeing that his "victim mentality" is having a smaller and smaller effect.  I'm taking joy in seeing guys like Adam Schein, Shannon Sharpe, Stephen A Smith, Max Kellerman, MJD, and countless other talking heads have to walk back their bashing of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Literally there are 4-5 talking heads right now that Steelers fans should be loving - Trey Wingo, Mike Golic, Colin Cowherd, Rich Eisen, Dan Patrick.  Those are the only 5 that defended Pittsburgh Steelers, Ben Roethlisberger, Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert, Art Rooney, and us fans from the start.  They were the ones saying "Getting booted from Pittsburgh is close to being booted from the Patriots.  If you lose your chance there, you likely won't do anything elsewhere."

So I'm taking joy in all of those that bought into the AB show having to eat their cat poop platters over trashing the collective us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I don't think the joy comes from watching him personally fall apart.  I think more of the joy if coming from me for the NFL masses who laughed at us as he forced his way out and "it's a problem with your franchise."  Then at the Raiders fans who, as the foot thing, helmet thing, missing TC thing were saying "it's ok it's not a problem, we know how to handle him"; then the NFL fans that agreed with that.  Then the Patriots fans who were cheering him on and these allegations came out and "It's ok it's not a problem, we know how to handle guys like this", and the very small amount of people who still defended him.  

I'm taking joy in all of this crap surrounding Brown literally showing that he's a jag off to the n-th degree; and the fans that, after the crap went down at the end of last year, are having to come up with more and more excuses as to why it's everyone else and not Brown.  I'm taking joy in seeing that his "victim mentality" is having a smaller and smaller effect.  I'm taking joy in seeing guys like Adam Schein, Shannon Sharpe, Stephen A Smith, Max Kellerman, MJD, and countless other talking heads have to walk back their bashing of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Literally there are 4-5 talking heads right now that Steelers fans should be loving - Trey Wingo, Mike Golic, Colin Cowherd, Rich Eisen, Dan Patrick.  Those are the only 5 that defended Pittsburgh Steelers, Ben Roethlisberger, Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert, Art Rooney, and us fans from the start.  They were the ones saying "Getting booted from Pittsburgh is close to being booted from the Patriots.  If you lose your chance there, you likely won't do anything elsewhere."

So I'm taking joy in all of those that bought into the AB show having to eat their cat poop platters over trashing the collective us.

Its fine to take joy in watching other fans eat crow over the situation.      And I agree....alot of fans trashed us and claimed Ben was the biggest problem.   Im far from a huge Ben fan, but it was clear as day that Brown was the biggest issue.    Ben probably shouldve kept his mouth shut, as always, and Colbert's comments didnt help, but Brown was already teetering on the edge.

All Im saying is that, I was a huge fan of Brown at this time last year, even after some of this previous diva moments, and while I cant stand what he has become and have no desire to ever see him in the league again,  I take zero pleasure in watching him spiral out of control.     I always imagined he would retire an iconic Steeler legend and be talked about for generations like other Steelers greats.   Well, he will be talked about....but not fondly.

Just disappointed, and I hope, for his kids sake, he can get his head on straight.

I'd be lying if I didn't say there was a small part of me that does enjoy seeing him spiral out of control TBH.  A very small part.  I know it's no secret but I do know a few guys in that locker room, and they said everything Ben got, Antonio got as well.  There were no comments about being late for meetings, because he was the only WR that would take tape home with him at night.  There were no comments about warming up along, because from the days of TP they understood different guys needed different physiological warmups.  There were no comments about being the only guy without a roommate, because they understood it's easier to let guys have their own travel setup rather than fight on it.

Antonio was in a place that had the checks and balances set up perfectly for him.  As someone who, and major admission here guys, has tried to take their own life, fights depression every minute of every day, and battles demons regularly; there's 100% truth to you need those checks and balances in your system.  Seeing Antonio trash that system for a system of enablers around him that tell him 'everything's ok'.....I in a way don't feel bad for him for doing that.  Yes it's 99.9% sad.  But that 0.1%....I hate to say it but it feels good to see it happen more from a stand point of he had the luxury of having a system that 99.99% of us dealing with this crap can't afford, and I can make it work and he can't.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'd be lying if I didn't say there was a small part of me that does enjoy seeing him spiral out of control TBH.  A very small part.  I know it's no secret but I do know a few guys in that locker room, and they said everything Ben got, Antonio got as well.  There were no comments about being late for meetings, because he was the only WR that would take tape home with him at night.  There were no comments about warming up along, because from the days of TP they understood different guys needed different physiological warmups.  There were no comments about being the only guy without a roommate, because they understood it's easier to let guys have their own travel setup rather than fight on it.

Antonio was in a place that had the checks and balances set up perfectly for him.  As someone who, and major admission here guys, has tried to take their own life, fights depression every minute of every day, and battles demons regularly; there's 100% truth to you need those checks and balances in your system.  Seeing Antonio trash that system for a system of enablers around him that tell him 'everything's ok'.....I in a way don't feel bad for him for doing that.  Yes it's 99.9% sad.  But that 0.1%....I hate to say it but it feels good to see it happen more from a stand point of he had the luxury of having a system that 99.99% of us dealing with this crap can't afford, and I can make it work and he can't.

I deal with PTSD and often crippling anxiety, which Ive got a better handle on over the years, but its affected my life in a number of ways, so I know about dealing with mental issues.

Im not making any excuses for Brown whatsoever.    All I am saying is that I personally take no joy in watching him fall apart.      Again, I think his extreme ego has fueled alot of his issues, but in the end, I wish none of this had happened.    He has kids, and they shouldnt have to watch their father lose everything.

If you take some pleasure in it, so be it.  There are alot of scorned Steeler fans who agree with you. 

For me...the entire situation makes more more sad than it does happy.    

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

For me...the entire situation makes more more sad than it does happy.

I'd say I 99% fall on this line.  And the 1% isn't even happy.  It's like.....'good, it's brought on himself'.  Who knows what's going on mentally with him.  Maybe there's something there we should all worry about.  Maybe there's nothing there and we're all being played by someone who knows what's right and wrong and choses to do wrong.  I don't really want to guess.  99% of me is hoping this is a dude without mental issues (like we got) and just someone who makes **** life decisions.  Because then that 1% can feel good.

I know this is getting away from it, but the whole 'more than an athlete' thing and the 'player empowerment' movement. I'm sorry, you got as Antonio Brown $100million for playing alone, not counting Nike and other endorsement deals.  Your 'player empowerment' was being able to take your major gift and making millions off of it.  AB got himself out of a crap situation and background.  Isn't it empowerment enough to do something 99% of your community can't do?  And wan't to talk about being 'more than an athlete'?  Set up foundations so the other kids from your 'hood' don't need to strike the lotto like you did.

But instead this "more than an athlete" movement and 'player empowerment' movement isn't about helping others.  It's about making more of your situation.  99% of athletes are selfish pricks who are only in it for themselves.

• Like 1

I dont expect another team to sign him this season.

Even if all charges against him are dropped, I'm thinking that the best case scenario is that a team will sign him to a one year deal worth a fraction of what the Patriots gave him.  However, missing this entire season would not be helpful.  At that point in time he will be 32 and going up against corners that are a decade younger than him.  

I think there is a decent chance he will never play football again.

maybe if tomlin was more of an authoritative coach, none of this would got out of hand as it did. Maybe brown was going to end up in a shambles eventually anyways, we will never know. I think he is done in the nfl, and no HOF either especially if the allegations eventually land him behind bars.

6 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I dont expect another team to sign him this season.

Even if all charges against him are dropped, I'm thinking that the best case scenario is that a team will sign him to a one year deal worth a fraction of what the Patriots gave him.  However, missing this entire season would not be helpful.  At that point in time he will be 32 and going up against corners that are a decade younger than him.  

I think there is a decent chance he will never play football again.

The NFL's statement yesterday, saying they have the right to put him on the CEL, made it sound like "if you sign him, expect this to happen".

Here's what I ultimately think will happen:  The allegations will die down.  A team that's close to the playoffs but will have a rash of WR injuries.  They will reach out, and do the work with the NFL.  They'll bring him in for the stretch run, like week 14-playoffs.  He'll likely help them, he'll make some comment about how they only won thanks to him, and the team won't extend him.  Then he becomes an NFL mercenary.  A guy that if you think you are that close, you bring him in for the bump.  Otherwise you stay away.  And if you bring him in for the bump, you give yourself the incredibly easy out in case he doesn't make the season.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I just watched NFL100 roundtable WR's with Largent , Rice, Irvin and Smith jr.  Not one of them ever mentioned AB as a current player that could be great/HOF etc.  I think it's fair to say AB lost respect from his elders xD

Crazy how far he has fallen in less than a year.   This time last year, he wouldve been discussed as possibly being a top 5 WR all time when his career was over.   

Now, he may never even play again and he may never get in the HOF at all.  If his career ended due to injury or he just suddenly retired, he would still make it because his 5 year stretch was insane, but will get the TO treatment, but since he doesnt have the stats TO does, he may never get in at all.   He would have to really have to turn his life around, make a team believe in him, and have a few more very good years IMO...enough to make people slightly forget what a POS he turned into.

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Crazy how far he has fallen in less than a year.   This time last year, he wouldve been discussed as possibly being a top 5 WR all time when his career was over.   

Now, he may never even play again and he may never get in the HOF at all.  If his career ended due to injury or he just suddenly retired, he would still make it because his 5 year stretch was insane, but will get the TO treatment, but since he doesnt have the stats TO does, he may never get in at all.   He would have to really have to turn his life around, make a team believe in him, and have a few more very good years IMO...enough to make people slightly forget what a POS he turned into.

wouldn't he also have to get reinstated? I thought he was out of the league until they settle all his legal issues and then meet up with the tyrant on park ave and beg him.  He really became the poster for megalomania , nobody wants to deal with that. 

Rice used to say AB was the best as did others, but now after all this, nobody even wants to MENTION ABxD

• 3 weeks later...