Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

I'm betting AB will outplay whomever they take late in the 1st for years to come. And since when were Gruden and Mayock considered to be some great braintrust? Every Raider fan I know thinks Gruden made terrible decisions last season and set the franchise back for years to come. 

Fixing our terrible cap issue that was absolutely holding down the franchise and having 5 1st Round picks in two years set the franchise back? Ok. 

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Fixing our terrible cap issue that was absolutely holding down the franchise and having 5 1st Round picks in two years set the franchise back? Ok. 

5 1st round picks. So 3 more then everybody else. Great. Those can be hit or miss. As a Raider fan you should know that. You have 2 or 3 players on your roster of worth and it appears you're trying to trade one of them (Carr). Those extra 3 picks will be important because this is quite possibly the worst roster in football. As I said, you will not convince me that ANY player taken late in the 1st will be better then AB will be for the next 3 to 5 years. OK. 

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

5 1st round picks. So 3 more then everybody else. Great. Those can be hit or miss. As a Raider fan you should know that. You have 2 or 3 players on your roster of worth and it appears you're trying to trade one of them (Carr). Those extra 3 picks will be important because this is quite possibly the worst roster in football. As I said, you will not convince me that ANY player taken late in the 1st will be better then AB will be for the next 3 to 5 years. OK. 

Your reasoning is basically we should give a 1st cause we have 3 1sts. That’s terrible logic. IMO no player outside of a QB who is 31 should go for a 1st. 

At the end of the day we still might give up #27 but I sincerely doubt it. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Your reasoning is basically we should give a 1st cause we have 3 1sts. That’s terrible logic. IMO no player outside of a QB who is 31 should go for a 1st. 

At the end of the day we still might give up #27 but I sincerely doubt it. 

Never said that. At least not from the Raider's POV. I'm claiming that no player you take late in the 1st will be more productive then AB in AB's next 3-5 years. 

Just now, Chieferific said:

Never said that. At least not from the Raider's POV. I'm claiming that no player you take late in the 1st will be more productive then AB in AB's next 3-5 years. 

That does not make him worth a 1st with his age and diva attitude. 

1 hour ago, DaRealTitletown said:

Only Qb is worth a first but your team got a 1 for a tier 2 WR 🤔

The Cooper trade is completely irrelevant to what @BayRaider said, last I checked Cooper is 24. He said that for a 31 year old player the only position he feels warrants a 1st round pick in a trade is a QB.

49 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

The Cooper trade is completely irrelevant to what @BayRaider said, last I checked Cooper is 24. He said that for a 31 year old player the only position he feels warrants a 1st round pick in a trade is a QB.

31 year old Brown>>>>>>>>>>>any age Amari Cooper.

Look, from a Raiders perspective, I dont think Brown is worth a 1st.   NOW...that doesnt necessarily mean Brown isnt worth a 1st in general, but to the Raiders, I dont think he is.   Why?   Because the Raiders are far more than a WR away from being good.

I honestly thought a team like the 49ers or Seattle would be all over this to help their QBs out who dont have much help right now.

Teams (and fans) overvalue draft picks in player trades.    AB may be 31, but I guarantee, he will be more valuable overall than at least half of the 1st round picks....even if he is only elite for 3 more years and good for another 2 or 3 after that.

• Like 1

I wasn’t agreeing with BayRaider, just pointing out he wasn’t being hypocritical in what he said. 

I absolutely agree with you @FourThreeMafia, I think AB is definitely worth a first to the right team, which isn’t the Raiders. I think a win-now team is who Brown is worth the most to. 

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t get traded at all. A known commodity is almost always better than a pick (especially when the known commodity has been the best at his position), however I think Browns character is under serious question and is making teams abrasive about trading for him along with him wanting a new contract. I laughed when he said it wasn’t about the money, if it wasn’t about the money then why do you want a new deal so bad?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Panthers could be mystery team.

God I would love to see that and the first game Cam gives up and plays like crap. Either Brown goes full TO (“That’s my quarterback”) or he goes full Kyrie Irving (“Yea Ben. Sorry. I didn’t know how well you treated me.”). 

• Like 2