Cobra Kai - Season 2

43M

It took me a while to give the first season a chance, but I'm glad I ultimately did. It was pretty decent. As for the second season, I'm surprised that Johnny is buddy buddy with Kreese. I'm curious to see how they're going to convince Johnny's character to get back in bed with him again. I think that would be a hard sell. 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

It took me a while to give the first season a chance, but I'm glad I ultimately did. It was pretty decent. As for the second season, I'm surprised that Johnny is buddy buddy with Kreese. I'm curious to see how they're going to convince Johnny's character to get back in bed with him again. I think that would be a hard sell. 

I doubt they are "buddy-buddy".     My guess is there is something that kind of forces Johnny into working with Kreese, and that in the end,  they end up at odds with each other and maybe having Johnny and Daniel teaming up going into season 3.  

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I doubt they are "buddy-buddy".     My guess is there is something that kind of forces Johnny into working with Kreese, and that in the end,  they end up at odds with each other and maybe having Johnny and Daniel teaming up going into season 3.  

ding ding ding.. I think you have it.

You all took the words out of my mouth for Daniel and Johnny. Johnny I never thought was really bad and to say Daniel was the real villain and not the victim they are portraying him to be. Johnny I thought was always misunderstood and trying to accept his place in the world. 

Remember how times change when the original movie had Daniel from working class and Johnny was the rich kid. Now it is the opposite. Karma will bite you in the rear in the present show.  Kreese proves he has not change. Just a bitter bully who loves to rough people no matter what. Rub them the wrong way.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

This thread needs more hype. I honestly have not been more excited for the return of a TV show in quite some time

Im really excited, but its still a month away.   

On top of that, Ive already talked about season 1 and speculated about season 2 ad nauseam....so not much else to do besides wait.    -_-

I will say I hope they do Miguel a little better going forward.   He was awesome most of the season, but he went from being a dorky, mild mannered kid to a dirty-fighting bully after getting drunk and seeing Sam hanging out with Robbie?   I get what they were TRYING to do, but the progression from one to the other just felt so forced.

57 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I will say I hope they do Miguel a little better going forward.   He was awesome most of the season, but he went from being a dorky, mild mannered kid to a dirty-fighting bully after getting drunk and seeing Sam hanging out with Robbie?   I get what they were TRYING to do, but the progression from one to the other just felt so forced.

it was very quick, like a snap. Its not out of the realm of reality to see someone flip a switch like that, especially given his influences, but it did come across as fast. They teased it IIRC with little moments, but they should have had some bigger moments as well were he initially pulls back. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

so much more karate too

seems like they are going to more clearly define bad/good but have most of the kids still struggle with the line

I believe going into season 3, Daniel, Johnny, Robbie and Miguel will be on the same team going against Krease, Hawk, the new girl and whoever else.   

50 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I believe going into season 3, Daniel, Johnny, Robbie and Miguel will be on the same team going against Krease, Hawk, the new girl and whoever else.   

that'd be dope. To add a wrinkle to that, I think Daniel comes around to Johnny's version of Cobra Kai more so that Johnny to Miyagido karate. I think Daniel struggles to maintain balance and the foundations of Miyagido as Mr. Miyagi taught him in today's world. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

that'd be dope. To add a wrinkle to that, I think Daniel comes around to Johnny's version of Cobra Kai more so that Johnny to Miyagido karate. I think Daniel struggles to maintain balance and the foundations of Miyagido as Mr. Miyagi taught him in today's world. 

Good point.

I'd like to see Mike Barnes come back.:D