2019 Raider Depth Chart Thread

Humble_Beast

Assuming our starting / primary defense will be a 4-2-5 though. 

Conley                                                          Ferrell - Hurst - Hall - Mauro                                                                         Worley

Joyner                                 Whitehead - Burfict 

Joseph                                          Abram                                  

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My guess at the depth chart heading into week 1

Offense

QB: Carr | Glennon | Kizer

RB: Jacobs | Richard | Washington

FB: Ingold

WR: Brown | Nelson | Grant

WR: Williams | Renforw | Harris 

TE: Waller | Moreau | Carrier

LT: Miller | Sharpe

LG: Incognito* | Cooper

C: Hudson | Devey | James

RG Jackson* | Good

RT: Brown | Parker 

Defense

DE: Ferrell | Mayowa | Crosby

DT:  Hurst | Liuget

DT: Hankins | Hall

DE: Mauro | Key

OLB: Morrow | Lee

MLB:  Burfcit I Willbur  

OLB: Whitehead

CB: Conley | Joyner 

CB: Worley | Mullens | Nixon 

SS: Joseph | Harris

FS:  Abram | Riley 

Basically it, make or break year for the following starters: Richie, Gabe, Waller, Morrow/Lee, Vontaze, Worley, Joseph 

Mauro/Lee our weakest starters but we are going be running more 4-2-5 so Lee won’t be on the field as much, and Key will be in more than Mauro. 

Glad to see Arden Key is starting and we’ll be able to rotate our DE’s with Mauro, Crosby, and Mayowa. Our DL has sneaky potential to get after the QB, IMO. All 4 of the DT’s that we kept can push the pocket. Liuget and Hankins have had good sack numbers in the past and we drafted Hurst and Hall because of their pass rushing potential. That should make things a lot easier on our ends.

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Here is the actual Raiders depth chart: https://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Special Teams
Position FIRST SECOND THIRD OTHER
P A.J. Cole      
K Daniel Carlson      
H A.J. Cole      
LS Trent Sieg      
KR Dwayne Harris Jalen Richard    
PR Dwayne Harris Jalen Richard  

A couple of interesting things -

Key listed as starter and he seems to have earned this in camp and pre season, from what I've heard he's been much more disciplined and better against the run and has improved his strength and leverage. Now, whether he is just listed as starter and whether he'll actually be the base end could be different but if he is the base end, what is the point of Mauro on the roster, wouldn't we be better off adding another guy who can pass rush instead of a run clogger.

Morrow listed at WLB which I think he has earned also, will provide some decent coverage ability. Lee I would imagine is backing up SLB and MLB although Whitehead also has experience there though he wasn't very good. I'd like to see even in Nickel Morrow still out there as he's IMO our best LB in coverage.

Abram listed as a FS and Joseph still as SS. I know we rotate back and forth and they have said there's really no firm designation in our system but I would have thought it makes sense to have Joseph as the FS and the rookie Abram as the SS to ease in him a little more. Of course, if we truly are switching around then it matters not.