2019 Raider Depth Chart Thread

Humble_Beast

40 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

So far we have six projected new starters.  How many do you think we have week 1?  Since we are going to be the Las Vegas Raiders Over/Under is 10.  I am taking the over.

I think 10 is the minimum. We are already at 9 with Richard, Brown, Williams, Smith, Brown, Good, Mauro, Burfict, and Joyner. Richard, Smith, and Mauro should not be starters, but they are for now. Not sure if they see Key as a starter either. 

1 hour ago, true2form said:

I think 10 is the minimum. We are already at 9 with Richard, Brown, Williams, Smith, Brown, Good, Mauro, Burfict, and Joyner. Richard, Smith, and Mauro should not be starters, but they are for now. Not sure if they see Key as a starter either. 

By new starters I meant players that were not on the team last year.  If you want to look at day 1 starters last year vs day 1 starters this year we might have 15+.

Carr, Karl Joseph, Conley, Whitehead, Jackson, Hudson, Miller, and maybe Ellis. 

That is some serious turnover.  Some of these guys might get replaced depending on who we draft and Joseph might be a backup if we sign Iloka.

Edited by drfrey13

The backup QB veteran market is getting very dry. Unless we trade for someone..this is what's left. cant imagine us going with Nate Peterman as number 2

• Mike Glennon,
  • Blaine Gabbert.
  • Matt Cassell,
  • RG3,
  • Geno Smith,
  • Brock Osweiler,
  • Tom Savage,
  • Sean Mannion
  • Sam Bradford

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The backup QB veteran market is getting very dry. Unless we trade for someone..this is what's left. cant imagine us going with Nate Peterman as number 2

• Mike Glennon,
  • Blaine Gabbert.
  • Matt Cassell,
  • RG3,
  • Geno Smith,
  • Brock Osweiler,
  • Tom Savage,
  • Sean Mannion
  • Sam Bradford

I think they figure if Carr goes down the season is lost and therefore having a horrible back up is an except able excuse to throw the season for a better draft pick.

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Teams do when they are rebuilding.  If I know I am not making the playoffs and I have a young team trying to rebuild I will let the young guys play to see what they got.

This isnt John Madden football. Players and coaches dont give up on seasons if one player gets hurt. Teams and coaches are all essentially on 1 year contract