2019 Raider Depth Chart Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

Why would we not put KJ next to Abrams? 

KJ is an average FS. He’s do ok, not bad, but that’s not where his skillset lies. His skillset is much more of a SS. As a SS he’s a 2nd Round Talent. As a FS he’s a 3rd-4th Round Talent. 

I’d rather flip Joseph for a 4th, have two 4ths, and get a starting TE and G in the 4th Round. 

Just wanted to post last year week 1 starters vs my projected 2019 week 1 starters.   The team is much improved and although I think we could have done more or received greater value can not complain with the improvement.

Starters 2018   2019

QB Carr = Carr
RB Lynch < Jacobs
WR Cooper < Brown
WR Nelson < Williams
LT Miller <<< Brown
LG KO = Jackson
C Hudson = Hudson
RG Jackson >> Good
RT Penn < Miller
TE Cook >> Moreau
WR Roberts ? Renfrow

DE Irvin << Ferrell
DT Hall < Hurst
NT Ellis < Hankins
DE Key = Key
WLB Whitehead = Whitehead
MLB Johnson < Marshall
SLB Lee < Burfict
CB Melvin < Conley
SS Joseph = Abram
FS Gilchrist < Joyner
CB Conley > Mullen
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Just wanted to post last year week 1 starters vs my projected 2019 week 1 starters.   The team is much improved and although I think we could have done more or received greater value can not complain with the improvement.

Starters 2018   2019

QB Carr = Carr
RB Lynch < Jacobs
WR Cooper < Brown
WR Nelson < Williams
LT Miller <<< Brown
LG KO = Jackson
C Hudson = Hudson
RG Jackson >> Good
RT Penn < Miller
TE Cook >> Moreau
WR Roberts ? Renfrow

DE Irvin << Ferrell
DT Hall < Hurst
NT Ellis < Hankins
DE Key = Key
WLB Whitehead = Whitehead
MLB Johnson < Marshall
SLB Lee < Burfict
CB Melvin < Conley
SS Joseph = Abram
FS Gilchrist < Joyner
CB Conley > Mullen

Nicely done

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Great look side by side. Definitely much improved and younger. 

Would hope Key<Key but time will tell. 

Thought about that after.  Carr and Key should both improve with a chance of Hudson (30) and Whitehead (29) possibly regressing because of age.  Jackson is a wildcard.  If he can get better by moving to LG then he will be an improvement over KO 2018.

Edited by drfrey13

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Thought about that after.  Carr and Key should both improve with a chance of Hudson (30) and Whitehead (29) possibly regressing because of age.  Jackson is a wildcard.  If he can get better by moving to LG then he will be an improvement over KO 2018.

Hudson IMO will play very well into his 30s like many interior OL do. I think Whitehead may be replaced by Marshall/one of the rookies/Cabinda depending on how things go.

On 27-4-2019 at 1:07 AM, Silver&Black88 said:

Joseph is a limited player due to size. I doubt we will re-sign him next season, so why not try to get value for him before he's gone? I don't think he will net even a 4th round comp pick in FA.

What do you think we could have fetched?

On 27-4-2019 at 1:21 AM, Humble_Beast said:

yeah it be nice if we could flip

• Ellis
  • Joseph
  • Richard/Washington   for picks

Personally i'd keep them. All will see plenty of time on the field anyway and they will be needed to step up once our starters get injured during the season. Imo that provides more value then a late round pick.

that was a nice side by side. And I agree we should be better up an down the roster. What the list doesn't show, is that our depth is a lot better as well. It will take some time, but I see us being very competitive in the second part of the year.

I think we were clouded by a lot of uncertainty last year, especially with the trade rumors. I think the locker will be more together and itll show on the field. Gruden has HIS guys, I believe that will go a long way.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:07 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Joseph is a limited player due to size. I doubt we will re-sign him next season, so why not try to get value for him before he's gone? I don't think he will net even a 4th round comp pick in FA.

What value does he have it trade though?