2019 Raider Depth Chart Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With the emphasis on short passes in today's NFL cornerbacks have to be able to tackle. Are they going to love him when his man catches a bubble screen and runs right past him for a first down?

He is not going to come back and hit the guy in the mouth but he has the movement skills that if you do not fool him you maybe throwing a pick six.  Also people act like he will just get out of the way.  Not going to happen.  He can cover better than anyone on our squad except Conley.

Yes Joseph and Abram are essentially the same player but are slightly better in different areas.

No way is Miller staying at LT.  Brown is paid like a LT, played exceptionally well there last year, and Miller is a better fit at RT.  Miller is a poor mans Lane Johnson on the right and can move to left if something happens.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With the emphasis on short passes in today's NFL cornerbacks have to be able to tackle. Are they going to love him when his man catches a bubble screen and runs right past him for a first down?

Yeah and 32 teams passed on Greedy too OBJ and Landry might ruin him doesn't show the heart or desire frankly he might be the one contract kind of guy.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Yes Joseph and Abram are essentially the same player but are slightly better in different areas.

No way is Miller staying at LT.  Brown is paid like a LT, played exceptionally well there last year, and Miller is a better fit at RT.  Miller is a poor mans Lane Johnson on the right and can move to left if something happens.

Hopefully, Abram is better because Joseph isn't that good in coverage and doesn't really hit either. If Abram is the same player as KJ we just wasted a first round pick. 

We'll see, you act like RT isn't a valuable position, especially in our division. Every team in our division has 2 quality pass rushers, the Broncos with Miller/Chubb, the Chiefs with Jones/Clark, and the Chargers with Bosa/Ingram. Everyone said the same thing after we gave Osemele that monster deal a few years back. The coaching staff stressed time and time again that they wanted to keep Miller at LT last year because he was finally getting acclimated to the position. Would be pretty shortsighted to move him now but either way it doesn't matter to me, I just want our OL to be good. 

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Hopefully, Abram is better because Joseph isn't that good in coverage and doesn't really hit either. If Abram is the same player as KJ we just wasted a first round pick. 

We'll see, you act like RT isn't a valuable position, especially in our division. Every team in our division has 2 quality pass rushers, the Broncos with Miller/Chubb, the Chiefs with Jones/Clark, and the Chargers with Bosa/Ingram. Everyone said the same thing after we gave Osemele that monster deal a few years back. The coaching staff stressed time and time again that they wanted to keep Miller at LT last year because he was finally getting acclimated to the position. Would be pretty shortsighted to move him now but either way it doesn't matter to me, I just want our OL to be good. 

People forget Miller didn't give up a single sack in his first 3 games until he injured his knee, now he's healthy and added some good weight he's more athletic than Brown so i think he stays at LT until proven othewise.

20 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

People forget Miller didn't give up a single sack in his first 3 games until he injured his knee, now he's healthy and added some good weight he's more athletic than Brown so i think he stays at LT until proven othewise.

That would be the logical think to do unless there is a real desire from Brown or Cable for Brown to be on the Left side. Has Trent Brown ever played on the Right side?

Nevermind, did my own research.

Edited by NightTrainLane

16 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

That would be the logical think to do unless there is a real desire from Brown or Cable for Brown to be on the Left side. Has Trent Brown ever played on the Right side?

Nevermind, did my own research.

In SF he was a top-10 overall RT, and elite pass blocking RT.  

Miller-Jackson- Hudson- Goode- Brown

can potentially be pretty good, add in the undrafted FB is making this team and Lee Smith and a RB who can pass protect with Jacobs.

Edited by raidr4life

7 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

can potentially be pretty good, add in the undrafted FB is making this team and Lee Smith and a RB who can pass protect with Jacobs.

SO you're saying our Carr could conceivably be covered in bubble wrap?!?!

But seriously, that looks "good" as long as everything goes well. Ironically, Goode is the one guy we are most in the dark about. Just over here praying they all stay healthy and play well.

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Our offensive line is going to be huge next year. Miller said he's up to 330 this offseason and Brown is around 360. Hopefully they can be a dominant group, especially in pass protection. 

25 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I could easily see these 3 Reggie guys gone next (I would keep all 3 for depth)

jelly - overpaid backup NT

joseph- trade bait 

Washington- had his shot 

Isn't Jelly's contract fully guaranteed already? 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I could easily see these 3 Reggie guys gone next (I would keep all 3 for depth)

jelly - overpaid backup NT

joseph- trade bait 

Washington- had his shot 

Is he a Reggie guy when Gruden resigned him to that contract? 

• Like 1