2019 Raider Depth Chart Thread

Humble_Beast

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:26 PM, Humble_Beast said:

Still would like to sign a vet DE, and WR who could double as slot and returner.... competition purposes 

sorry EA but I agree with DE, however I would rather have another LB or OL over another wr. depth there is good.

• 3 weeks later...

I would sign 

DE- Nick Perry - proven situational pass rusher, still worried about our sack total

WR- Martavis Bryant- we did give up a 3rd for him, be nice to get a return on investment. He still can ball and has freakish height and speed, and thrived playing with AB in the past. Sign and put him on suspension list to start year. Usually injuries hit, he can come in fresh after a few games in the season

P-  Bryan Anger former 3rd round pick and starter, averaged 45 yards per punt. Real competition for Townsend, former Cal Bear too

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-release-punter-bryan-anger

Edited by Humble_Beast

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2019 at 8:58 PM, Humble_Beast said:

I would sign 

DE- Nick Perry - proven situational pass rusher, still worried about our sack total

WR- Martavis Bryant- we did give up a 3rd for him, be nice to get a return on investment. He still can ball and has freakish height and speed, and thrived playing with AB in the past. Sign and put him on suspension list to start year. Usually injuries hit, he can come in fresh after a few games in the season

P-  Bryan Anger former 3rd round pick and starter, averaged 45 yards per punt. Real competition for Townsend, former Cal Bear too

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-release-punter-bryan-anger

I'm surprised no-one has really mentioned the punting situation at all, obviously not a glamour position but it can make a really big difference to field position and momentum in a game. Kind of like good coaching, you don't realise or appreciate what they're doing until they're gone!

There must be a few guys out there that can at least be decent and beat out Townsend and not even affect the cap...........

23 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I'm surprised no-one has really mentioned the punting situation at all, obviously not a glamour position but it can make a really big difference to field position and momentum in a game. Kind of like good coaching, you don't realise or appreciate what they're doing until they're gone!

There must be a few guys out there that can at least be decent and beat out Townsend and not even affect the cap...........

From what I was reading, the punting situation is in competition ATM.  Townsend and I can't remember the other guy are squaring off and have both been decent.

1 hour ago, Totty said:

From what I was reading, the punting situation is in competition ATM.  Townsend and I can't remember the other guy are squaring off and have both been decent.

In my opinion the kicking game cost the Raiders 2-3 games last year .

There was a couple of games the Raiders wouldn’t try 40+ field goals and don’t get started with MR 20-30 yard punts.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Wanted one more Lineman in competition, looks like Gruden had a similar idea

How I See the DL 2 deep

DE- Mauro/Key

DT-  Hurst/Hall

NT- Hankins/Ellis

DE- Ferrell/Mad Max

2 of these 3: Vanderdoes/Westbrooks/Mayowa

I think that Mayowa is a lock to make the team, he's good as a rotational piece. He'll be ahead of Mad Maxx on the depth chart, IMO. Based on what Vic said it also sounds like we only plan to carry 4 DT because Mauro can also slide inside if needed.