2019 Raider Depth Chart Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, big_palooka said:

2 down arrows are 2 of the biggest issues. Miller at LT has to show a ton of improvement. Otherwise, the arrow is down on 2019 Carr.

And Mack was a defensive MVP. His production and playmaking ability was that 2016 defense. Pass rush will still be a major issue this season. Really eye opening how ineffective Ferrell has been as a pass rusher thus far.

Yeah i saw that on Reddit earlier too and I agree on Miller and Ferrell. Ferrell brings some nice things to the table, he's smart and has a good motor and seems well-liked. Need more from him as a pass rusher but again he is a rookie. The thing that stood out to me most about this was that despite Mack being universes better than Ferrell, you could see the talent more distributed around the defense. Granted, it was possible to surround Mack with better help via better drafting and smarter FA moves but at least it seems like their plan is working on paper thus far. And Carr is the same guy, some people just don't want to see it.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Same. I'm all for trying to get a pick for Jelly and Grant. Ingold has shown me more in preseason than Smith. Never was a fan of his.

A late round pick for Jelly and/or Grant would be really good value. We seem to have found a few sleepers this year with Rush, Ingold, and Doss. Smith is way overrated, he's a decent blocker but he's a nonweapon and his special teams value can be replaced. Ingold is equal or better to Smith as a blocker and is a way better weapon. Smith has zero career TDs and only 18 career touches. Ingold had 117 touches and 21 TD's at Wisconsin. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah i saw that on Reddit earlier too and I agree on Miller and Ferrell. Ferrell brings some nice things to the table, he's smart and has a good motor and seems well-liked. Need more from him as a pass rusher but again he is a rookie. The thing that stood out to me most about this was that despite Mack being universes better than Ferrell, you could see the talent more distributed around the defense. Granted, it was possible to surround Mack with better help via better drafting and smarter FA moves but at least it seems like their plan is working on paper thus far. And Carr is the same guy, some people just don't want to see it.

I really like where this defense is going. The secondary has some potential to be really solid going forward. Teams are going to test Abrams in coverage early.

LBs, I'm not excited about. I like Burfict and Marshall. Whitehead is a liability and the depth is kind of weak. Dline has a lot of young players but they are still a ways off. The Raiders will still be looking for a pass rusher when the season ends. 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I really like where this defense is going. The secondary has some potential to be really solid going forward. Teams are going to test Abrams in coverage early.

LBs, I'm not excited about. I like Burfict and Marshall. Whitehead is a liability and the depth is kind of weak. Dline has a lot of young players but they are still a ways off. The Raiders will still be looking for a pass rusher when the season ends. 

I agree with you on most of it.

DBs should be fine as long as they communicate and QBs don't have all day to throw.

We're fine at LB though in my opinion. Burfict is a fine base MIKE and can line everyone up. I'm hoping he can teach Marquel Lee the scheme really well. I'm not sure I think Lee is an eventual starter or not, but he has potential and is versatile. I think he can at least be good depth for the future. The kind of player Malcolm Smith was in Seattle. Marshall is fine in base defense and can cover in nickel.  Morrow is great in coverage for nickel too. Role players are important, just like in basketball. As long as everyone knows the scheme and knows their role and plays team ball then we're good. Obviously they need to execute, but I think they're in a good position to do so as I laid out. As for Whitehead.....he can maybe handle base SLB I hope. He'll come off the field in nickel anyway hopefully. And if not at first, he will once they realize he should.

Going to need our DEs to step up. I have very low expectations but I'm hoping for 10 sacks from Key & Cle. Ferrell and Maruo will be fine vs the run. Hankins is good all around. Hurst needs to take the next step and so does PJ Hall. Westbrooks might carve out a niche too. Even Ellis and Rush (whichever we keep) can get to the QB sometimes. I think we're going to need to be aggressive and exotic with scheme to apply pressure. This crew ain't it. Yet. I expect stunts and disguised blitz packages like we saw vs the Cardinals to scheme our way into sacks. Fortunately, all 3 of our best safeties can blitz well too.

9 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Anyone see anything about Tyrell Williams being nicked up. I searched the web but saw nothing. I got an alert because he is on my FF team saying he was Questionable for week 1...

He is sitting out the last day of camp. therefore he needs to appear on the injury report. its nothing

• Like 2

Good off the PUP list and back to practice is great news. Probably won't play this week, but should be ready to start game 1 at RG! Right now, see the depth chart looking like this going into the season

LT- Kolton

LG- Cooper

C- Hudson

RG- Good

RT- T Brown

6th- B Parker OT

7th- J Devey G/C

8th- D Sharpe T

9th- one of Kirkland/Tyler Roemer/ Andre James / L Cotton  could see James sneak on the roster, Gruden been talking about him as of late

52 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Good off the PUP list and back to practice is great news. Probably won't play this week, but should be ready to start game 1 at RG! Right now, see the depth chart looking like this going into the season

LT- Kolton

LG- Cooper

C- Hudson

RG- Good

RT- T Brown

6th- B Parker OT

7th- J Devey G/C

8th- D Sharpe T

9th- one of Kirkland/Tyler Roemer/ Andre James / L Cotton  could see James sneak on the roster, Gruden been talking about him as of late

And two of these guys will be replaced when Richie and Gabe are both back. 

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I know it's pre-season and all and optimism is high, but there are a few positions above that are very questionable.

Murray was a Pro Bowl RB in 2015 and rushed for 12 TDs in 2016 so to automatically say Jacobs is an improvement without taking a single regular season snap is a stretch as of now. He may well be better in time.

Ingold is not better at this moment in time than Olawale was in 2016, he was very effective and versatile.

I think they're also undervaluing the defensive interior of Williams and Ellis who played well in 2016, again, we may be slightly better but it's not a certainty.

OL and pass rush are noticeably much weaker until proven otherwise.

Overall I'd say the 2016 vintage was slightly better by way of having an elite OL and Mack and Irvin but of course this new 2019 vintage can grow.

11 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Just a guess. I say Doss makes it and they trade Grant. Carrier makes it over Wilson at TE

Parker should be cut, he's awful. But will they admit a bad pick this quickly? 

Ditto PJ Hall. I'd guess they'd keep him and let Ellis go if they wanted to keep Rush. They are similar players. 

If Nick Nelson makes it, it's for 4 games before Lawson comes back

That 2018 draft class is looking like garbage save Key and Hurst. Miller to a lesser extent, though I don't think much of him.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That 2018 draft class is looking like garbage save Key and Hurst. Miller to a lesser extent, though I don't think much of him.

Gruden was never a good drafter in Tampa and that was obvious again after seeing last year's crop. Thankfully Mayock is here to hopefully save the day.

45 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Gruden was never a good drafter in Tampa and that was obvious again after seeing last year's crop. Thankfully Mayock is here to hopefully save the day.

if Kolton is the LT of the next decade, Key is a stud, and Hurst a starter draft wouldn't be considered that bad