2019 Raider Depth Chart Thread

Humble_Beast

If Kolton Miller is gonna be the LT. I wonder if the Raiders would move over Gabe Jackson to LG and have Good play RG. With this, you have Miller playing next to a veteran in Gabe and Good playing next to Brown. Playing Miller and Good next to each other on the left side could make the left side a weakness. Interested in seeing how they work that out.

• Like 1

you guys think the following guys have a shot or merely filler/will be cut soon

• Jamar McGloster

• Rashard Davis

• Saeed Blacknall

• Cameron Hunt

• Cayson Collins

• Makinton Dorleant

• Rico Gafford - how can a guy run a 4.1 not be able to contribute on special teams

including the 9 Rookies draft and current roster we have 86 players... not including the UDFAs

Edited by Humble_Beast

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Just wanted to post last year week 1 starters vs my projected 2019 week 1 starters.   The team is much improved and although I think we could have done more or received greater value can not complain with the improvement.

Starters 2018   2019

QB Carr = Carr
RB Lynch < Jacobs
WR Cooper < Brown
WR Nelson < Williams
LT Miller <<< Brown
LG KO = Jackson
C Hudson = Hudson
RG Jackson >> Good
RT Penn < Miller
TE Cook >> Moreau
WR Roberts ? Renfrow

DE Irvin << Ferrell
DT Hall < Hurst
NT Ellis < Hankins
DE Key = Key
WLB Whitehead = Whitehead
MLB Johnson < Marshall
SLB Lee < Burfict
CB Melvin < Conley
SS Joseph = Abram
FS Gilchrist < Joyner
CB Conley > Mullen

Good idea!

If Carr 2019 = Carr 2018 we are screwed...he needs to make a big step forward and I fully expect him to do so in year 2 in the same system.

#3 WR will be Ryan Grant IMO and he should get a slight > over Roberts IMO, but I could live with a = for now...

Key better be much improved from his 2018 play. If he is not, he won't start IMO. Mauro or Mayowa will jump him for sure if he is on his 2018 level...

Burfict will be the MLB according to some articles, but it makes no real difference here

Joyner is at least >> to Gilchrist IMO, maybe even >>>

I wouldn't put Mullen in already at #2. Worley will have the chance to hold him off IMO.

The real important stuff is that our team got better, so now it is trully up to the coaches to do something and start to win games...the schedule is tough as hell, but still they need to win games, need to hit at least 8 wins IMO to get a good feelin before the move to LV

11 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Was hoping for a 4th since he has flashed some positives. Maybe a high 5th

I think i would keep him for a fith and trade him for a 4th if that offer had been on the table. With the draft done i would still be interested in a player for player trade if we can get a rotational pass rusher for him. 

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

Good idea!

If Carr 2019 = Carr 2018 we are screwed...he needs to make a big step forward and I fully expect him to do so in year 2 in the same system.

#3 WR will be Ryan Grant IMO and he should get a slight > over Roberts IMO, but I could live with a = for now...

Key better be much improved from his 2018 play. If he is not, he won't start IMO. Mauro or Mayowa will jump him for sure if he is on his 2018 level...

Burfict will be the MLB according to some articles, but it makes no real difference here

Joyner is at least >> to Gilchrist IMO, maybe even >>>

I wouldn't put Mullen in already at #2. Worley will have the chance to hold him off IMO.

The real important stuff is that our team got better, so now it is trully up to the coaches to do something and start to win games...the schedule is tough as hell, but still they need to win games, need to hit at least 8 wins IMO to get a good feelin before the move to LV

Carr and Key should improve but I thought about it after.  

I think whoever is #3 is not going to have much more than 500 yds because of Ricard and we will lose some blocking at the WR position.

Burfict I do not know but I read that he has performed much better as a SLB lately.

Joyner could be true but he had a down year last year.

If Mullen is not the #2 then they screwed up because there is no way Worley beats out Greedy for the #2 if we take him.  I have not watched much of Mullen but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that he is better than Greedy.  Greedy is a year 1 starter on almost every team in the NFL.  Coaches will hate that he does not get dirty but when he starts battling OBJ and Landry he will get the #2 starting job for the Browns.`  This guy is going to be unbelievably good after battling those guys in practice everyday.

Edited by drfrey13

47 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If Mullen is not the #2 then they screwed up because there is no way Worley beats out Greedy for the #2 if we take him. 

I doubt PG will start a rookie CB week 1. They didn't even force their 1st round CBs into early starting roles in Cincy, so a 2nd rounder will sit. Imo, the competition for the opening day #2 CB is between Worley and Lawson.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Greedy is a year 1 starter on almost every team in the NFL.  

With the emphasis on short passes in today's NFL cornerbacks have to be able to tackle. Are they going to love him when his man catches a bubble screen and runs right past him for a first down?