What Would It Take to Make Antonio Brown A Lion?

Just Want A Title

WRs are notorious for their diva behavior.  I think a lot of the "drama" has to do with the Steelers locker room right now.  I think our locker room combined with Stafford's low-key personality would help him fit in pretty well.  He works super-hard, knows what it takes to win and produces.  I hope we are at least making some exploratory calls.

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Now that all other possible trade options for Antonio Brown have dried do you think the price will become reasonable enough for the Lions to make a deal?  I could see us trading Marvin Jones and fifth round pick and maybe add another player for him.  Thoughts?

While I would prefer to have Jones on the roster, it'd be near impossible to have AB and MJ with their cap hits. I don't think this is a bad trade but I'm not sure if the Steelers would want to take on his cap hit along with being only slightly younger than AB over a 2nd round pick.

On the other side of it, AB has to realize his options are limited and the Steelers must know that too. If I'm the Raiders I would seriously look at trading a 2nd rounder to get him.

At this stage of team development it doesn’t seem to be the type of move Quinn would make.

If he felt the Lions were one or two players away then it would be a Quinn move.

It just seems until they’re satisfied with a core group of players leadership ability they wouldn’t add a personality like AB.

If Quinn did acquire him, perhaps it provides insight to how he views the team.

Personally, where do they spend the cap space? Will their approach be prudent or will they make a splash? 

Spring is coming. The Lions have cap space. It should be an interesting free agency period.

What would it take to make Antonio Brown a Lion?

... An idiot in the front office

On a team that needs a lot of work adding a 31 year old distraction would be a truly moronic thing to do. If you really want to upgrade WR that badly roll the dice on DK in the draft... Or maybe even a guy like Boykin in the 2nd if he's still there but definitely don't add an aging prima Donna who complained constantly while on a team far better than the Lions with a better QB than Stafford.

42 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

On a team that needs a lot of work adding a 31 year old distraction would be a truly moronic thing to do. If you really want to upgrade WR that badly roll the dice on DK in the draft... Or maybe even a guy like Boykin in the 2nd if he's still there but definitely don't add an aging prima Donna who complained constantly while on a team far better than the Lions with a better QB than Stafford.

By all means, don't hold back.

Seriously, AB will probably be in the top tier or WRs for another 2 years easy.  As previously stated, "prima donna" behavior is pretty common in the WR room.  Up until this year he has been seen as a pretty good teammate.  Everyone who talks about him raves about his work ethic (lets not forget the awesome Charles Rogers and his work ethic).  He may not have handled himself well this year but there has been chatter about "Big Ben" and his behavior for a number of years.  It may have reached a boiling point.  AB might have screwed up but most of the time, it takes at least two people to screw up a relationship.

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

In fairness, AB is a proven commodity while DK and these other guys are just projections. If Quinn felt AB was the missing piece to bring the Lions into contention, then he should make that move. I don't think we're quite there and therefore it wouldn't be the right move.

Archived