Browns trade Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon

ReggieCamp

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
25 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well I'm expecting that since Vernon is making 12X what Ogbah is that he will have 12X the production so I'm pretty pumped.

Is that how that works? 😂

Well when Vernon actually sets the edge, we will see 100% improvement in production cause Ogbah couldn’t do that to save his life last year

30 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well when Vernon actually sets the edge, we will see 100% improvement in production cause Ogbah couldn’t do that to save his life last year

Teams averaged a yard less running outside to the right (Ogbah) as opposed to the left (Garrett) against the Browns. I didn't watch Vernon but from the highlight reel I saw he never set the edge. Often he wasn't even playing the end and when he did he was shooting gaps on run and pass plays as opposed to setting the edge. I don't know what his role was in their offense but from what little I saw I'm not sure that is his specialty.

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Teams averaged a yard less running outside to the right (Ogbah) as opposed to the left (Garrett) against the Browns. I didn't watch Vernon but from the highlight reel I saw he never set the edge. Often he wasn't even playing the end and when he did he was shooting gaps on run and pass plays as opposed to setting the edge. I don't know what his role was in their offense but from what little I saw I'm not sure that is his specialty.

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Difference is Ogbah is suppose to better at defending the run and Garrett a deadly pass rusher. You can live with garretts struggle in the run game at times because he was going to easily make up for it in passing situations. Ogbah literately brought nothing last year. He was a bad run defender and brought nothing to rushing the passer. 

Watching highlight reel won’t show a DE setting the edge. There is nothing sexy about that. 

I wish Ogbah could have stayed healthy, I think the inconsistency is a result of always being banged up.  There's a handful of games where he seemed very effective.  It is what it is though, Corbett will be fine at guard.  I didn't think he struggled as bad in the preseason as others.  D-line is our #1 need imo.

Archived