Browns trade Kevin Zeitler for Olivier Vernon

ReggieCamp

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That would be huge to add those two kinds of talents before the draft. Totally opens up the 1st rd

John Dorsey is a wonderful, wonderful man. He's fixed us. After so many years of being worse than awful.

so, im not enamored with his salary but gotta think this is a one year tryout for vernon.  if hes good we keep him or extend if hes bad we cut him with no cap hit.  we were gone on zeitler next year IMO regardless so if he wasnt in the long term plans make sense to get something out of him.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/2020/

based on this

Carrie, Chris Smith, Duke, Ogbah (free agent) might want to start packin their bags

Am I the only one that's excited that it's blatantly obvious DePo is the one in Dorsey's ear telling him to trade/trade for due to numbers? We just basically swapped a quality starter on the OL for the DL (and hopefully Corbett lessens that hit) which was an obvious position of need AND cleared cap space WHILE giving us 2020 flexibility!!!!!

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

so, im not enamored with his salary but gotta think this is a one year tryout for vernon.  if hes good we keep him or extend if hes bad we cut him with no cap hit.  we were gone on zeitler next year IMO regardless so if he wasnt in the long term plans make sense to get something out of him.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/2020/

based on this

Carrie, Chris Smith, Duke, Ogbah (free agent) might want to start packin their bags

Don't forget Darren Fells. Cutting him would save 4 million leaving only 700k in dead.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Am I the only one that's excited that it's blatantly obvious DePo is the one in Dorsey's ear telling him to trade/trade for due to numbers? We just basically swapped a quality starter on the OL for the DL (and hopefully Corbett lessens that hit) which was an obvious position of need AND cleared cap space WHILE giving us 2020 flexibility!!!!!

i dont think we cleared cap space.  probably added to it honestly, but thats ok.  gained flexibility. 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

That would be huge to add those two kinds of talents before the draft. Totally opens up the 1st rd

I still think we end up drafting DT in the first, but you always wanna go into the draft NOT having to fill needs. Gives essential flexibility to go with where the draft takes you.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Don't forget Darren Fells. Cutting him would save 4 million leaving only 700k in dead.

i dunno man i don think they cut him.  hes the only one who can block right now.  2, baker actually finds him and he makes some big catches when everyone forgets about him.  he had 11 catches but 3 were touchdowns.  he might just retire after this year he is 32

Just now, mistakey said:

i dunno man i don think they cut him.  hes the only one who can block right now.  2, baker actually finds him and he makes some big catches when everyone forgets about him.  he had 11 catches but 3 were touchdowns.  he might just retire after this year he is 32

Not this year. I thought we were talking 2020 for some reason. He will be on the roster this year for sure. Next year between him, Carrie, Smith, Duke, and Kirksey we can clear an azzload of cap space.

Just now, TheeRealDeal said:

Not this year. I thought we were talking 2020 for some reason. He will be on the roster this year for sure. Next year between him, Carrie, Smith, Duke, and Kirksey we can clear an azzload of cap space.

yeah im just saying the contract status of people in 2020 that you knwo arent gonna be here- theres really no reason to keep them for 2019.  i think fells might have a place through the end of his contract but thats just me.  at least until they can get a blocker.

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Where’s @NudeTayneon this? Need to know if my source thinks this is a precursor to a bigger trade involving us and the NYG.

Yeah, my BIL says this was just an appetizer..."like, sure, this other trade is imminent so we might as well do some other dealing too."

Archived