Jaguars cut Malik Jackson, Tashaun Gipson, Carlos Hyde (The cuts keep coming)

.Buzz

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Simply watching Hopkins v Ramsey is fun. Two physical, technical, athletic players. Arguably the best at their respective positions, just going to war. 

I prefer to win, but that show is always fun.

Yeah it's a great battle. Usually both get theirs at some point...they're both too damn good to get wiped out all game.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm still peeved from losing out on Tyrann Mathieu, but this is making me feel more confident. Our track record with Jags DBs isn't good (Aaron Colvin) but maybe this one is different.

Honestly might even be an upgrade tbh.  Depends what you want from a FS i guess, but i think a lot of Jaguars fans (and management apparently) really underrated the value of how steady Gipson can be at a position where steady reliability is pretty darn important.  Certainly in this scheme at least.

You'll lose some of the splash factor with Honey Badger, but Gipson has been a rock-solid, well above average FS.  And it's not like he doesn't have some ballhawking ability to make big plays from time to time himself.  Not the sort of guy that really strikes fear into the hearts of opposing offenses...but also not the kind of guy who strikes fear into the hearts of fans watching their defense hoping it doesn't get eviscerated due to shaky FS play.

Personally, i'd take Gipson over Mathieu without hesitation, for the Jaguars defense at least.  But opinions on that will vary i guess.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Honestly might even be an upgrade tbh.  Depends what you want from a FS i guess, but i think a lot of Jaguars fans (and management apparently) really underrated the value of how steady Gipson can be at a position where steady reliability is pretty darn important.  Certainly in this scheme at least.

You'll lose some of the splash factor with Honey Badger, but Gipson has been a rock-solid, well above average FS.  And it's not like he doesn't have some ballhawking ability to make big plays from time to time himself.  Not the sort of guy that really strikes fear into the hearts of opposing offenses...but also not the kind of guy who strikes fear into the hearts of fans watching their defense hoping it doesn't get eviscerated due to shaky FS play.

Personally, i'd take Gipson over Mathieu without hesitation, for the Jaguars defense at least.  But opinions on that will vary i guess.

This is an interesting take - one that I lean towards, actually. I'd prefer steady production vs splash plays every 4th game...

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

This is an interesting take - one that I lean towards, actually. I'd prefer steady production vs splash plays every 4th game...

I think you get that from Gip. He was the #1 guy we let go that I didn't like doing so. He and Malik can still play but drafting Taven was the writing on the wall whereas there isn't such a thing for Gip

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What I’m saying is what other teams need has nothing to do with what we’re doing with our cuts

Yeah, I mean if they cut these guys I'm not sure how you can expect them to not have a chance of them going to rivals. 

Archived