Jaguars cut Malik Jackson, Tashaun Gipson, Carlos Hyde (The cuts keep coming)

.Buzz

5 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Honestly aside from Gip (who I thought would last another season before his decision comes), none of the others were a surprise.

Malik's days were numbered as soon as we took Bryan, even moreso when Bryan struggled at DE and flashed a 3T.

Hyde as soon as he was traded for and saw his base next year, you could tell he was a stop gap.

And while I would have kept Parnell for another year, I can understand this decision too for an older guy who has struggled to stay healthy. I don't think he'll be much of a savings as much as a replacement with a younger guy with hopefully more upside.

Gipson is the one that kind of concerns me a bit, but this FA crop is deep. It was so deep I kinda expected the Jags to talk to Gip about restructuring thinking he may not get what he's making now in the open market.

i was pretty sure parnell was a goner at his current rate. we kinda drafted a potential replacement last year in Will Richardson(4th round) but very unproven. 

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

i was pretty sure parnell was a goner at his current rate. we kinda drafted a potential replacement last year in Will Richardson(4th round) but very unproven. 

I had Parnell as a goner when Richardson was drafted but you cant possibly pencil him in as a starting RT after he missed most of camp and season.

Id give Flowers a higher odds right now than Richardson until I see more of him

13 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

I had Parnell as a goner when Richardson was drafted but you cant possibly pencil him in as a starting RT after he missed most of camp and season.

Id give Flowers a higher odds right now than Richardson until I see more of him

flowers a FA if i recall. 

ya i wasnt high on richardson from what i saw in preseason. there was a really bad play richardson was the culprit. 

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

flowers a FA if i recall. 

ya i wasnt high on richardson from what i saw in preseason. there was a really bad play richardson was the culprit. 

Flowers is a FA but who is really going to sign him?

I think Doug spoke well of him, so if you are Flowers maybe you do a prove it deal

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

lol maybe a team hoping to unlock his potential.

I mean he was out there with no takers before we took a chance on him.  Why wouldn't you stick with a team that has spoken well of you and has a clear need at tackle? 

10 hours ago, Speedyg said:

I mean he was out there with no takers before we took a chance on him.  Why wouldn't you stick with a team that has spoken well of you and has a clear need at tackle? 

I'm guessing it could come down the $ like most things. There are so many teams with more money and just as bad a situation on the OL. They could offer him something more than we could. Just a matter of what he wants. He isn't a great option for anyone but the state of OL in this league is so terrible that anyone young and with the slightest bit of potential will be overpaid

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

So...it seems as if the general consensus is that you guys liked what Gipson brought to the table. Yes? 

Yeah, he's solid. We had garbage at FS for so long and haven't had to worry about that spot since he came on. 

Nothing special, but definitely a really solid/above average safety in his time here I'd say.

22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, he's solid. We had garbage at FS for so long and haven't had to worry about that spot since he came on. 

Nothing special, but definitely a really solid/above average safety in his time here I'd say.

I'm still peeved from losing out on Tyrann Mathieu, but this is making me feel more confident. Our track record with Jags DBs isn't good (Aaron Colvin) but maybe this one is different.

32 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm still peeved from losing out on Tyrann Mathieu, but this is making me feel more confident. Our track record with Jags DBs isn't good (Aaron Colvin) but maybe this one is different.

Think it'll be a downgrade, but not too big of one. Probably a good move $ wise.

29 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Think it'll be a downgrade, but not too big of one. Probably a good move $ wise.

Nearly half in AAV, which makes this palatable. Leaves more money for Clowney, a few CBs, maybe a RB and some OL.

Good luck next season, will be fun with Foles. :D

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Nearly half in AAV, which makes this palatable. Leaves more money for Clowney, a few CBs, maybe a RB and some OL.

Good luck next season, will be fun with Foles. :D

I expect us to at least be competitive/in it somewhat, so it should be more interesting.

26 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I expect us to at least be competitive/in it somewhat, so it should be more interesting.

Simply watching Hopkins v Ramsey is fun. Two physical, technical, athletic players. Arguably the best at their respective positions, just going to war. 

I prefer to win, but that show is always fun.

Archived