Adrian Peterson?

beardown3231

RT @MikeGarafolo: Tracking Adrian Peterson’s situation, if he doesn’t stay in Washington, I would mark the #Bears as a potential team to watch. Depending on what happens with Jordan Howard and the RB market, of course. Brad Childress is close with Matt Nagy. A thought for down the line, anyway...

I mentioned before I like the idea of getting a rival's HOF player, but in a football sense I'm saying no. 

As part of a RBC is be ok I guess but if we want a receiving threat there then why the hell would we be looking at AP? Lol 

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

No...we skip a women beater for a child beater? Makes zero sense.

Older sins don't count as much as recent ones.  

Peterson keeps changing teams because he can't catch.  Still a dynamic player, but doesn't seem to solve Howard issues.  Just an older more talented Howard.

Speaking of sins.

I watched a video last night on that giant dude that used to play for Baylor and was accused of rape just before draft.  He was just found not guilty and a bunch of info came out in trial that was never said on Twitter or news.  

Now I will add that this guy's draft stock was rapidly falling absent any accusations, but like video says someone would have drafted him somewhere based on potential absent off field issues.

His whole life is basically ruined and that of his coach. Maybe his coach was guilty when it came to this or that other thing.  I don't know.  But, I don't get why coaches are held responsible for student crimes or even accusations against students.  Not true anywhere else.  Not true for department heads, not true for teachers, not true for bosses.  Not true for high school coaches.  Not true for pro coaches.   But college football coaches are personally responsible for student athlete crimes.  

I remember reading a story that mother of a Baylor rape victim went straight to head coach. His response was that's terrible, call the police, file a complaint and have him arrested.  Both she and the media were indignant at that.  I say, what!?!  That is exactly what I would have said to her.   That is exactly what she should do.  Why go to a football coach first?  What is he supposed to do?  Prevent all crime before it happens?  I think so many of these accusations are civilly and monetarily motivated.  Not all, but enough. 

College coaches have to be omniscient.  Now I think college sports are a farce and should be miner leagues, but I still think college coaches are treated unfairly when it comes to actions of others.  

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Older sins don't count as much as recent ones.  

Peterson keeps changing teams because he can't catch.  Still a dynamic player, but doesn't seem to solve Howard issues.  Just an older more talented Howard.

Last he said he would do it again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6416583/Child-abuser-Adrian-Peterson-admits-hits-son-belt.html

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

They aren't signing AP or Hunt.  So it's a moot point to argue about.

Lot of bad dudes in NFL though.  Culture most of these guys come from sucks and it informs on their values and actions.

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

I used to get hit with a belt. I understand that type of parenting is wrong but I feel it depends on age how you feel about that. This is asking me if I would sign my dad. I would. 

I got hit with a thick wooden paddle and a hand when it wasn't handy.

I don't do it with my kids, but not like it wasn't done for hundreds of years and only hasn't been done for last 25 or so.

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Weren't you guy beating drum for Suggs?  

Not more than to say if we have no better options and he can be had cheaply enough he fills a need.  My overall attitude hasn't changed.

I also believe a far better option would be a younger player but finding them in FA is like finding OTs.  Few teams ever let good ones go.

I'm thinking Suggs will re-up in Balt. and finish his career there but if he's still hanging around unsigned a month from now and we still need a spot edge guy then maybe you make an exception and an offer.  Guys like him even at the end of their careers are still good enough to help you win a championship but there are damn few Suggs or Peppers out there who are.

I actually suggested Markus Golden from AZ as a younger Sam Acho type.

Archived