Adrian Peterson?

beardown3231

11 hours ago, soulman said:

Not more than to say if we have no better options and he can be had cheaply enough he fills a need.  My overall attitude hasn't changed.

I also believe a far better option would be a younger player but finding them in FA is like finding OTs.  Few teams ever let good ones go.

I'm thinking Suggs will re-up in Balt. and finish his career there but if he's still hanging around unsigned a month from now and we still need a spot edge guy then maybe you make an exception and an offer.  Guys like him even at the end of their careers are still good enough to help you win a championship but there are damn few Suggs or Peppers out there who are.

I actually suggested Markus Golden from AZ as a younger Sam Acho type.

I was just using that comment as a way to make a lame joke.  Your points are valid. 

12 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I was just using that comment as a way to make a lame joke.  Your points are valid. 

I knew that and and some days I am a lame joke.  Too many hard falls skiing.  I'm the guy that WW of Sports should use footage of for that "Agony of Defeat" shot.  LOL

I think what it comes down to is an evaluation as to whether that vet who you're gonna pay maybe $5 mil to for one year is gonna be enough of a difference maker vs someone younger you can get for $2 mil or less.

The problem that I see is most of those vets won't take lowball deals and if you're tight on cap space they're borderline unafordable anyway.  We seem to do better with younger guys on 1year prove it deals.

13 hours ago, soulman said:

I knew that and and some days I am a lame joke.  Too many hard falls skiing.  I'm the guy that WW of Sports should use footage of for that "Agony of Defeat" shot.  LOL

I think what it comes down to is an evaluation as to whether that vet who you're gonna pay maybe $5 mil to for one year is gonna be enough of a difference maker vs someone younger you can get for $2 mil or less.

The problem that I see is most of those vets won't take lowball deals and if you're tight on cap space they're borderline unafordable anyway.  We seem to do better with younger guys on 1year prove it deals.

Go that way really fast.  If something gets in your way ... turn.

Your avatar is soul man and you are an avid skier.  Those are two things that don't always go together.  

You are an onion soul man, many layers.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:03 PM, dll2000 said:

I got hit with a thick wooden paddle and a hand when it wasn't handy.

I don't do it with my kids, but not like it wasn't done for hundreds of years and only hasn't been done for last 25 or so.

Nothing wrong with getting a good little smacking as a child if you are acting out of line.  

I know I did and I don't think anything wrong of it now. It's a normal way of correction.

Parents are just getting softer these days, that's all.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Go that way really fast.  If something gets in your way ... turn.

Your avatar is soul man and you are an avid skier.  Those are two things that don't always go together.  

You are an onion soul man, many layers.

I'm also a musician......weekend warrior type, semi-retired.  LOL  Soulman is a nickname a former band member stuck me with  over 20 years ago and it's kind of stayed stuck. B|

I was born and raised in Chicago, but have lived in Denver since the '8os ergo the skiing addiction from which I'm also mostly retired.  LOL

Archived