What would you need in return for Mark Ingram?

Dome

Just looking at KC with Ware going down. What would you need in return for Ingram to feel good about a trade? I think it's possible with how good Kamara is looking. We could sign another vet/surprise cut in week 1 for depth behind Peterson/Kamara. 

What would it take?

Likely at least a conditional 3rd round pick that could escalate to a 2nd round pick depending on performance.

I feel like our roster is built for a win in the next couple years type thing where we have no plan set for once Brees retires (Daniel, Grayson yikes). Ingram is a valuable asset at this time to the whole win now philosophy, and I have a hard time seeing him traded at this time

17 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

Just looking at KC with Ware going down. What would you need in return for Ingram to feel good about a trade? I think it's possible with how good Kamara is looking. We could sign another vet/surprise cut in week 1 for depth behind Peterson/Kamara. 

What would it take?

The guy finally hits 1000 and we think we'll trade him? I doubt that. Besides, Kamara looks good, but unproven. Don't kill me for saying it, but he's barely begun. I think the Brass would be fools to jump on something that shiny without knowing what it's true potential is.

Ingram is durable (not sure about Kamara), Ingram should hit 1000 (not sure about Kamara), Ingram has chemistry with the team (not sure about Kamara). Peterson will be tough for another 2 full years, and that's a great insurance package for Ingram. On the other hand, To look at Peterson and Kamara as splitting time, the insurance package isn't very good at all without Ingram. The Saints learned that lesson when we went to Seattle for a playoffs game with someone's practice squad RB, and it cost us the game.

Ingram's not going anywhere.

If we moved Ingram I would say it would have to be for a conditional 2nd rounder that could become a 1st round pick based on him reaching Milestones such as Yards, TDs, Games played, and the success of the team we trade him to.  So if for example Ingram reaches 1200 yards, 12 TDs, played at least 14 games, and the team makes it to the 2nd round of the playoffs, we get their 1st round pick, else we get their 2nd round pick.  For all of those conditions to be true that means the pick would be a late 1st round pick anyways and something a team would've been more than willing to give up if a player would be able to guarantee themselves at least that much success.

Archived