Michael Bennett traded to the Patriots

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Danger said:

You guys are looking at this completely in the wrong way. 

Eagles were rumored to have been considering cutting Bennett. Why? Not because of his performance, but because Howie clearly wants to use the cap space for something else. I'm glad we were able to get something for someone we ultimately wanted to part ways with for cap regardless.

No I get it, nice to get something 

just sucks to weaken the dline for no benefit this season (aside from the cap savings)

we got money to make moves, let’s see what Howie got.

Just now, nlesthought said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think his style of running fits us but he's definitely a game changer. 

With how much we have in resources, the last thing I want this team to do is pay top dollar for a runningback, unless it was Barkley. Gurley unfortunately is a ticking time bomb now, and I don't like Zeke.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Maybe they trust more in Josh Sweat now?

Maybe, I’m not sure what he’s shown to do so...but sure

i think more likely he was just asking for too much and they figured they could get a pick and get at the same number 

I’d rather have him than not for a 5th but it’s good value if you consider a good year out of Bennett for what we originally gave up. (a 5th and Marcus Johnson). Getting a 5th isn’t bad. But I’m definitely waiting for the other shoe to drop. Howie freeing up money for something. 

Archived