Michael Bennett traded to the Patriots

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I would rather we kept Bennett instead of Graham (production wise)  but I bet Bennett wanted more money plus he´s a problem waiting to happen. 

I don’t agree that he was a problem 

Seemed like a good teammate and gave full effort on the field, all that really matters.

Bennett still dealing with legal issues and is getting up there in age.. Also he publicly said he wants a raise this week. Barnett and Graham will be fine on the edge, we've been spoiled in the past.. Still a draft and a FA to come. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I don’t agree that he was a problem 

Seemed like a good teammate and gave full effort on the field, all that really matters.

No he wasn´t a problem but I think it was a matter of time he became one. He was already asking for a raise. 

Not too happy about that, but Bennett clearly said he wanted more money which he wasn't getting here. He was our best defensive lineman not named Cox. DL is definitely a huge need now. both inside and outside. 

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

Bennett still dealing with legal issues and is getting up there in age.. Also he publicly said he wants a raise this week. Barnett and Graham will be fine on the edge, we've been spoiled in the past.. Still a draft and a FA to come. 

Spoiled for sure, but definitely taking a chance here with Graham off a slightly down year and Barnett coming back from a bad injury...and I don’t remember him really taking much of a step this year previous to that.

but I’m sure they will add a guy. Long’s role will increase...which he will be happy with. Unless we go sign someone of note.

7 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

No he wasn´t a problem but I think it was a matter of time he became one. He was already asking for a raise. 

Could be, I think guys like him

eould be nice buffer against all the Wentz narratives, gives writers something else to focus on. But I get what you are saying. Who knows if he was gonna be a good soldier and play under his deal or not.

22 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Could be, I think guys like him

eould be nice buffer against all the Wentz narratives, gives writers something else to focus on. But I get what you are saying. Who knows if he was gonna be a good soldier and play under his deal or not.

Things clearly deteriated fast between him and the team. I think if Chris Long stays and the Eagles draft someone like Charles Omenihu the room is still strong 

21 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Things clearly deteriated fast between him and the team. I think if Chris Long stays and the Eagles draft someone like Charles Omenihu the room is still strong 

Yeah still in an OK spot, could be worse 

not as bad as DT right now

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

No I get it, nice to get something 

just sucks to weaken the dline for no benefit this season (aside from the cap savings)

we got money to make moves, let’s see what Howie got.

remember a main reason bennett was needed back was because brandon was going to leave. So now we have Brandon and Derek start. Chris and Josh coming off the bench plus we'll draft a DE.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I am not concerned about DT either. Lots of options in FA and the draft. You know that is a spot Howie isn’t gonna leave them bare 

A very tentative (likely to be nothing) concern

Options to fill #2 & #3 DT, but until we do it’s a concern.

I'm not confident in Sweat and Hall as our first and second backups. Barnett, Graham, and Long are a good 3, but we need one more who can be an every down end for a solid rotation. If Sweat and Hall improve their games to consistent backup time. Long isn't even 100% guaranteed to be playing next season. I hope Howie sees it the same way and picks up someone in free agency or draft.

I would rather sign a 4th DE than draft an end because we need a Peters replacement which could be used on a 1st. A good signing for 4th DE would be Cameron Wake or Vinny Curry. Veterans who are capable of playing the DE position consistently and are coming off good seasons. Draft a DE later in the draft if you like, but the 4th DE should be somebody we know will play well.  

Archived