Eric Weddle plans to sign w/ Rams

RamRod

24 minutes ago, RamRod said:

2-year deal with Pro Bowl S Eric Weddle worth up to $12.5M, source said. $10.5M base.

Well, on a 2 year deal that could mean almost anything. Until we nee what is signing bonus and the base salaries each year, this tells us next to nothing 

Hard to be upset about this signing. Yes he’s probably lost a significant step but that amount of talent and veteran leadership can’t be undervalued. I still expect the Rams to draft a safety by round 4 of the draft. This class is deep enough and we could get someone who would benefit from a year of developing and no one better to learn behind than Weddle. All of this for a bargain price compared to Joyner’s salary last year which he did not live up to. 

It's nice to have his football IQ in our secondary. We had a lot of lapses back there in 2018. When Talib got back and got the communication issues ironed out, our defense really played good football.

11 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Hard to be upset about this signing. Yes he’s probably lost a significant step but that amount of talent and veteran leadership can’t be undervalued. I still expect the Rams to draft a safety by round 4 of the draft. This class is deep enough and we could get someone who would benefit from a year of developing and no one better to learn behind than Weddle. All of this for a bargain price compared to Joyner’s salary last year which he did not live up to. 

Honestly I don’t think I like anyone in this Safety class. 

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Honestly I don’t think I like anyone in this Safety class. 

Well this signing allows us to not have to rely on anyone in it. Prior to signing Weddle, I really liked Nasir Adderly. But if a guy like Juan Thornhill falls to our third round pick, I think he’d really benefit from sitting behind Weddle for a year or two. 

Archived