Mock Draft Every Week: #3 March 9, 2019

DoleINGout

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

This is the third mock I've done and I've received a lot of feedback along the way from Browns fans in particular. Not everyone of you can agree either. This mock is different from the others because there are two WR's which is definitely not how I planned the Browns picks to be. While doing the mock it sort of worked out this way in terms of value at the time. I'll consider changes of course. The Browns have a ton of cap space so expect some of these unmet needs that drive you crazy to be addressed in free agency.

John Dorsey has drafted exactly 1 WR in the 1st round in his whole GM career and that was in 2002 so do your mock draft however you want but if you want it to be accurate then I would draft a DT, CB, or White if he is available. I go by the facts and the facts say Dorsey will NOT draft a WR in the 1st round if his past is any indication. My other Browns comrades can wish for a WR in the 1st round but that does not mean it will happen. Like I said earlier if this is for fun so you can get your team to pick who you want, then have at it but if you want it to be as close to what is gonna happen as possible then I'd go a differant direction. Just my opinion mixed in with a fact. 

1 minute ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

John Dorsey has drafted exactly 1 WR in the 1st round in his whole GM career and that was in 2002 so do your mock draft however you want but if you want it to be accurate then I would draft a DT, CB, or White if he is available. I go by the facts and the facts say Dorsey will NOT draft a WR in the 1st round if his past is any indication. My other Browns comrades can wish for a WR in the 1st round but that does not mean it will happen. Like I said earlier if this is for fun so you can get your team to pick who you want, then have at it but if you want it to be as close to what is gonna happen as possible then I'd go a differant direction. Just my opinion mixed in with a fact. 

I don't think there is a cornerback value or Devin White available at the Browns first pick in this draft. By the second Browns pick I think most of the corners and interior defensive linemen worth taking will be selected. This isn't a fantasy draft for my team to get what I want for fun. It's an honest, analytic attempt at a hopefully accurate prediction for fun. Browns fans have not necessarily commented in my other threads wanting wide receivers, however my point is that not everyone agrees on what the obvious need is. I've had defensive ends and defensive tackles be the selection before. With Oliver Vernon now aboard the defensive end prospects I think are largely out of consideration at seventeen overall. Dexter Lawrence might be the better pick rather than D.K. Metcalf, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Dorsey bucks his trend this year with Baker Mayfield being his quarterback to build around. Dorsey may look at the Browns as a few playmakers away from being a Super Bowl contender. Why not add those final touches?

9 hours ago, Zantku said:

Can't pass on Clelin Ferrell for the Titans. We can find another nose tackle. A Edge Rusher is at the very top of the list. If Ferrell wasn't there then Bradbury just cause our interior Oline needs work. 

I look at it like Mike Vrabel is the head coach and coming from his time in New England really appreciates the value of an effective nose guard. Having a top run defense led by a guy who can stay on the field most snaps early on in his career while two-gapping and opening lanes for his teammates to run behind is a huge get. With the playoffs being a testament to the importance of rush-offense and -defense around the league, I think there is a very solid chance Jon Robinson and the Tennessee Titans invest in DLaw with their pick if he's available and turn to free agency to sign a compentent complimentary edge player like Shaq Barrett for example.

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

haskins and Lindstorm would be alot better. u cant rule out qb even if we signed foles(look at what did outside a pederson scheme). Foles is an average qb.  an average qb doesnt let u pass on a potential franchise qb(jags tend to believe he is one based on the fact hes number 1 on their big board at the season end after live-scouting him 5 times). 

I didn't rule out QB. In fact initislly I had Haskins as the pick but decided to change it considering Nick Foles will be signed to a solid contract and is barely thirty years old.

3 hours ago, atown703 said:

Ferrell in the 1st and Gardner-Johnson in the 2nd

With Eric Reid signed and a massive safety market, I struggle to see the value for Carolina in the second with Gardner-Johnson. Ferrell makes sense of course for Carolina. We'll see.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

27 year old diva wide receiver, oft injured, huge contract, already been on trade block when Amari Cooper goes for 27th overall pick and Antonio Brown can hardly get a team to trade a second. I don't think OBJ is fetching a ransom.

27 year old diva WR who is a generational player and without him the giants would be left with nothing except Barkley. NYG scoffed at Zeitler, Ogbah, and another player for OBJ and turned down offers of a first last year.  It’s a good story and gets lots of clicks, but it’s not happening.  Especially for just 32 

35 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I don't think there is a cornerback value or Devin White available at the Browns first pick in this draft. By the second Browns pick I think most of the corners and interior defensive linemen worth taking will be selected. This isn't a fantasy draft for my team to get what I want for fun. It's an honest, analytic attempt at a hopefully accurate prediction for fun. Browns fans have not necessarily commented in my other threads wanting wide receivers, however my point is that not everyone agrees on what the obvious need is. I've had defensive ends and defensive tackles be the selection before. With Oliver Vernon now aboard the defensive end prospects I think are largely out of consideration at seventeen overall. Dexter Lawrence might be the better pick rather than D.K. Metcalf, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Dorsey bucks his trend this year with Baker Mayfield being his quarterback to build around. Dorsey may look at the Browns as a few playmakers away from being a Super Bowl contender. Why not add those final touches?

Agree to disagree. I do agree that White will more then likely not be available and also that I'm not a fan of who will be there at CB. I don't so much mind the WR in the 2nd but in the 1st and 2nd and completely bypassing out biggest need in DT is where its unrealistic imo. Why not you ask? Why because Dorsey has stated multiple times that 1st round should be for the most valuable of 4 positions Dline, online, CB, or QB. I can guarentee that he does not pick a WR in round 1 because he has said he won't in the past and has not since 2002. So once again, since you say you want it to be right. If you don't trust what I say then trust what our GM has not only said but done since 2002. I also disagree that both Wilkins and Lawrence are way better picks at that spot in that order. We need a 3 tech in the worst way. Dorsey will fill the WR spot either in FA or the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft, write it down predicted here 1st. 

30 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

27 year old diva WR who is a generational player and without him the giants would be left with nothing except Barkley. NYG scoffed at Zeitler, Ogbah, and another player for OBJ and turned down offers of a first last year.  It’s a good story and gets lots of clicks, but it’s not happening.  Especially for just 32 

OBJ's value is somewhere between Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, and Antonio Brown, (e.g. a later first round pick and then some). Dont'a Hightower as additional compensation for a thin Giants defense without any leadership or play makers is more than enough in exchange for OBJ.

4 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I also think it's a little funny that you say that no one from Browns country is really clamoring for a WR but you just think that you know what is best for us then we do. 

Not what I think is best, just what I'm currently predicting. Don't take it so personally. I explained in my last post to you the reasoning. Between available positional draft values and free agents, I don't think the Browns will necessarily need certain positions so why bother reaching? As I stated, by the time the draft rolls around Cleveland may only need a few play makers on offense to feel like they're in Super Bowl contention.

10 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Agree to disagree. I do agree that White will more then likely not be available and also that I'm not a fan of who will be there at CB. I don't so much mind the WR in the 2nd but in the 1st and 2nd and completely bypassing out biggest need in DT is where its unrealistic imo. Why not you ask? Why because Dorsey has stated multiple times that 1st round should be for the most valuable of 4 positions Dline, online, CB, or QB. I can guarentee that he does not pick a WR in round 1 because he has said he won't in the past and has not since 2002. So once again, since you say you want it to be right. If you don't trust what I say then trust what our GM has not only said but done since 2002. I also disagree that both Wilkins and Lawrence are way better picks at that spot in that order. We need a 3 tech in the worst way. Dorsey will fill the WR spot either in FA or the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft, write it down predicted here 1st. 

One of Malik Jackson/Ndamukong Suh/Sheldon Richardson and Kareem Jackson/Pierre Desir/EJ Gaines/Bradley Roby plus a linebacker in FA should help free up the draft for Cleveland a lot. They have the cap space too.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I didn't rule out QB. In fact initislly I had Haskins as the pick but decided to change it considering Nick Foles will be signed to a solid contract and is barely thirty years old.

Is foles a league average qb gonna stop u from picking a potential franchise qb? To me that answer is no. Its also not a done deal regarding jags and foles and we reportedly being connected to teddy Bridgewater as well now. 

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Is foles a league average qb gonna stop u from picking a potential franchise qb? To me that answer is no. Its also not a done deal regarding jags and foles and we reportedly being connected to teddy Bridgewater as well now. 

Would it stop you or I? I think the answer is no. Tom Coughlin and the Jags? Very well could.

11 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Would it stop you or I? I think the answer is no. Tom Coughlin and the Jags? Very well could.

i think if the best player u have on your big board which ive been told is Haskins then i think u double your shot on having a qb and making the potential playoffs.  i still find it skeptical that the jags are gonna spend 15+ million on a very average qb whos being overated for his filling in for wentz

Archived