Mock Draft Every Week: #3 March 9, 2019

DoleINGout

11 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i think if the best player u have on your big board which ive been told is Haskins then i think u double your shot on having a qb and making the potential playoffs.  i still find it skeptical that the jags are gonna spend 15+ million on a very average qb whos being overated for his filling in for wentz

I mean... they paid Blake Bortles...

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

OBJ's value is somewhere between Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, and Antonio Brown, (e.g. a later first round pick and then some). Dont'a Hightower as additional compensation for a thin Giants defense without any leadership or play makers is more than enough in exchange for OBJ.

How does that leave the Patriots better off? Yes, they'd be improving the offense, but hurting the defense. Plus they wouldn't have a first-rounder to replace Hightower with, and they'd have $10 million less in cap space,  

1 hour ago, txpatsfan77 said:

How does that leave the Patriots better off? Yes, they'd be improving the offense, but hurting the defense. Plus they wouldn't have a first-rounder to replace Hightower with, and they'd have $10 million less in cap space,  

They actually have no receivers other than Edelman and JaWhaun Bentley is coming off IR. Plus they could sign Josh Bynes in free agency and rotate at LB.

I don't mind the Bengals picks,  per se.  I like Ford for RT, and Rock makes sense if we lose Dennard.

Having said that, I would grab Devin White in the first, then pray an OT falls to us, which Greg Little did in the second.  Tobin and Marvin loved SEC guys, and Tobin's still here, so it makes sense to me.

23 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

They actually have no receivers other than Edelman and JaWhaun Bentley is coming off IR. Plus they could sign Josh Bynes in free agency and rotate at LB.

This doesn't really change the calculus. It's still:

OBJ

vs.

Hightower + 1st round pick + an additional $10M in cap space.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived