FA Possiblities.. (Post Vernon Trade / LC let go)

Giants4eva

Been an interesting last 10 days with our club. I really think 2 guys whom were eyeing are Trey Flowers and Pierre Desir. I think we also are zoning on Daryl Williams from the Panthers. I think we sign these 3 to reasonable contracts, i think were set going into the 2019 draft. With the main focus being on defense. As it stands now, our OL can possibly be a powerhouse if things fall into place at RT. Hence the Williams signing (hopefully). On the flip side, our defence is just straight trash. We have to make a colossal swing for the fences at either Flowers in FA or the best of who is left at the edge or even LB. Pierre Desir, LaMarcus Joyner are 2 guys whom come to mind that i think Gettleman is keeping an eye on. If DG can get Desir, Flowers and Williams.. i really believe hes gonna go wild for defence in this next draft. My belief is he's set up his gameplan to go after this drafts strength which is the defensive side of the ball. How long he waits on a QB.. im not sure now, from whats played out so far. 

I've heard nothing about this, but one guy I'd really like us to kick the tires on is Tyrell Williams.  I think our offense really needs a third WR considering we do play a lot of 11 personnel.  I would love a WR that can really take the top off a defense that would open up things underneath for OBJ, Shep Barkley and Engram.  Another possibility would be DeSean Jackson if he gets cut.  

13 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I've heard nothing about this, but one guy I'd really like us to kick the tires on is Tyrell Williams.  I think our offense really needs a third WR considering we do play a lot of 11 personnel.  I would love a WR that can really take the top off a defense that would open up things underneath for OBJ, Shep Barkley and Engram.  Another possibility would be DeSean Jackson if he gets cut.  

DJack.. god the man that stuck a sword thru our hearts multiple times. How insane is it that it could be a possibility he'd be playing for us. 

3 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

DJack.. god the man that stuck a sword thru our hearts multiple times. How insane is it that it could be a possibility he'd be playing for us. 

Lol, I didn't necessarily mean him.  Just a WR of that type

I'd love to see S. Sheppard move back to the slot so finding a quality receiver to play #2 would be great.  Did Cody Latimer get cut or was he on just a one year deal?  He's got the size and looked good in that final season game against Dallas.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

I'd love to see S. Sheppard move back to the slot so finding a quality receiver to play #2 would be great.  Did Cody Latimer get cut or was he on just a one year deal?  He's got the size and looked good in that final season game against Dallas.

Cody Latimer did ok, but I think we need an upgrade at the position.  We run a lot of 11 personnel, and I just don't think we can justify having Cody Latimer on the field for a majority of our snaps.  I do like Latimer, and think he does little things well like special teams and block.  But I'd much rather have him as a number 4 or 5 player.  

8 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

Cody Latimer did ok, but I think we need an upgrade at the position.  We run a lot of 11 personnel, and I just don't think we can justify having Cody Latimer on the field for a majority of our snaps.  I do like Latimer, and think he does little things well like special teams and block.  But I'd much rather have him as a number 4 or 5 player.  

Right I wasn't saying he was a stud player but I did like that signing last year.  It'll be interesting to see if they bring in a solid #2 or not.  I haven't had the time to really look at who is available in the free agency or the draft for that matter.  Kinda slipping this year in scouting duties.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Right I wasn't saying he was a stud player but I did like that signing last year.  It'll be interesting to see if they bring in a solid #2 or not.  I haven't had the time to really look at who is available in the free agency or the draft for that matter.  Kinda slipping this year in scouting duties.

I dont know if u ask me one guy we gotta have get a shot at the #2 WR position is a guy whos already on our team and thats Corey Coleman. He seemed to find his niche with us last yr on ST. Id like to see Shurmur try him outside with Odell outside and Shep in the slot

32 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I dont know if u ask me one guy we gotta have get a shot at the #2 WR position is a guy whos already on our team and thats Corey Coleman. He seemed to find his niche with us last yr on ST. Id like to see Shurmur try him outside with Odell outside and Shep in the slot

cool...He's a little undersized for what I look for in a #2 but I'm of the believe that the #2 should be in the mold of a Brandon Marshall / Dez Bryant type.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

cool...He's a little undersized for what I look for in a #2 but I'm of the believe that the #2 should be in the mold of a Brandon Marshall / Dez Bryant type.

Bring back Rueben Randle!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018706/article/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2019-leveon-bell-new-no-1?campaign=tw-nf-sf209114710-sf209114710&sf209114710=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

there are a lot of recognizable names on that list that I didn’t even know were free agents.  Names I’m interested in: Anthony Barr, Preston Smith, Clay Matthews, Bradley Roby, Jordan Hicks, Corey Luiget, Jimmie Ward, Jamie Collins, Dante Fowler.

I would like a physical WR that can come down with contested balls and win with size/strength. I’d also be happy with a possession receiver like Garçon. OBJ/Barkley are homerun threats.

Some names i’m interested in: 

Steven Nelson, CB; Honey Badger, FS; Justin Houston, Edge; Z Smith, Edge; Preston Smith, Edge; JuWuan James, RT; Malcolm Brown, DT; Kwon Alexander, ILB; CJ Mosley, ILB; Adrian Amos, S; Tashaun Gibson, S; Jordan Mills, RT. 

Personally, i’d prefer to trade our second for Rosen, trade back once or twice, picking up some extra seconds and thirds, and then get someone like Burns/Cody Ford/Oliver/Bush/Adderly/Abram depending on how FA goes in the first. 

History has shown Gettleman doesn’t draft or invest $ in the secondary though so i’m envisioning a monster front 4 with a back end that couldn’t cover a corpse and going 2-14. 

Archived