FA Possiblities.. (Post Vernon Trade / LC let go)

Giants4eva

I don't see us spending any money on another WR.. Maybe a vet minimum type of deal but I think we roll with OBJ, Shep and Corey Coleman. If we spend anything on offense, it should be RT. 

If I had to guess, you'll see a middle of the road FS signing later in FA, we'll be in on edge rushers but not max spenders and CB depth. 

12 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

I don't see us spending any money on another WR.. Maybe a vet minimum type of deal but I think we roll with OBJ, Shep and Corey Coleman. If we spend anything on offense, it should be RT. 

If I had to guess, you'll see a middle of the road FS signing later in FA, we'll be in on edge rushers but not max spenders and CB depth. 

Ya there is zero doubt in my mind Daryl Williams is gonna be DG's top target in FA. After that i think hes looking at Pierre Desir or maybe even LaMarcus Joyner. 

42 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Ya there is zero doubt in my mind Daryl Williams is gonna be DG's top target in FA. After that i think hes looking at Pierre Desir or maybe even LaMarcus Joyner. 

My prediction is Daryl Williams is the only 'big name' FA we sign, if we sign one at all. We will be going after the lower level FAs at all other positions. There's also a chance we don't even pursue Williams. He instantly makes our OL top-10, but that would be a lot of money invested in 3/5 OL positions.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

My prediction is Daryl Williams is the only 'big name' FA we sign, if we sign one at all. We will be going after the lower level FAs at all other positions. There's also a chance we don't even pursue Williams. He instantly makes our OL top-10, but that would be a lot of money invested in 3/5 OL positions.

I think the money aspect can be pulled off considering hes coming an ACL tear. Well see though. If we dont go after him, im guessing were gonna draft someone. Maybe a guy like David Edwards. 

Man alot of guys already getting locked into massive deals. Trey Flowers heading the Lions, Landon now with the Skins, AB grossly and disgustingly overpaid by Oakland. The pricing in the NFL for a top FA is absolutely insane now. The Bengals just signed Bobby Hart to a 3yr / 21 million dollar deal.. Thats just plain wrong. 

16 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Man alot of guys already getting locked into massive deals. Trey Flowers heading the Lions, Landon now with the Skins, AB grossly and disgustingly overpaid by Oakland. The pricing in the NFL for a top FA is absolutely insane now. The Bengals just signed Bobby Hart to a 3yr / 21 million dollar deal.. Thats just plain wrong. 

Yeah Hart messed up the market. No way Williams goes for under 7 million a year now. I'm not sure we make any big FA signings. We may be sellers more than buyers. Very few players are worth big money and still available.

51 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Giants now out on Preston Smith, per Jordan Raanan. I expect Markus Golden will be the pass rusher we sign. He was the one Cardinal we should have acquired, rather than Kareem Martin, who is underwhelming.

I would love the Giants to take a look at Shane Ray.  Has been sidelined with wrist injuries, but had a good second season with 8 sacks.  Still only 25, I think he can be a good young discounted pass rusher that wouldn't fit nicely into our system.  

21 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I would love the Giants to take a look at Shane Ray.  Has been sidelined with wrist injuries, but had a good second season with 8 sacks.  Still only 25, I think he can be a good young discounted pass rusher that wouldn't fit nicely into our system.  

Ya taking a shot at Ray I wouldn't mind one bit. At this point with all the "marquee" names we couldn't afford anyway being gone, it wouldn't hurt to take a shot on him.

Shane Ray is bad. He's still coasting off one good season several years ago and his status as a first round pick. I think Markus Golden is a much better fit and a better player. Same with Ray's teammate Shaq Barrett. Those two should be targets right now.

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hey boys,

Can you fill me in on Josh Mauro? Sounds like he's JAG and a better run defender than anything?

I’ll try to put this into language a Raiders fan understands - he was outplayed by Mario Edwards.

Archived