Rewatched the 1st half of the Texans game

Dome

No Ramy..... :/ This is troubling. 

Coleman/Thomas/Fleener/Hill on the field is a lot of height and speed to cover. Too bad Thomas is the only who can catch consistently.

Special teams coverage looks much improved. It has all preseason.

Anzalone hits hard. He's very violent. Klein causes PROBLEMS for the offense. 

The entire defensive line looks better. Better penetration, better at filling gaps when they recognize the run. Recogizing the run quicker. These are all things that look improved, and actually matter, even in a preseason game. I'm excited for this team if they can stay healthy. The depth is pretty worrisome still. 

DB and LBs swarming to the ball. I haven't seen that in a long time. Williams, Williams and Co. looking MEAN. Bell is what we wanted Vaccaro to be, Vaccaro has become a good player in his own right. 

DBs contesting throws.... I haven't seen that in a really long time. Sooooo many almost picks last night. Pretty frustrating, but also exciting to see guys in position to make plays. They'll need to follow through if we want to make a playoff run.

I hate how excited I'm getting for this defense. :|

I still feel like people underappreciate Vaccaro and his versatility. The guy is the major chess piece for Dennis Allen and is being utlized off the edge, flanked out at LB, in the slot and at both SS and FS. The guys a great player and a tremendous leader for us. 

Did yall notice that Marcus Williams has overtaken Bell in the lineup? Its true, Bell is now the 3rd safety in the rotation and its because of Vaccaro's versatility and Williams ball skills and not so much of anything Bell has done.

Jordan and Rankins look unstoppable at times... The defensive backs swarm like a pack of bees which is a credit to both DA and Aaron Glenn.

AJ Klein is a BEAST! A total steal for us in FA. Anzalone makes rookie mistakes but hes a hell of a player that will only get better. As a 2 down player, Manti Te'o is a very impressive player who has shocked me.

Most of all im impressed with DA's play calling... Ive been very impresswd with Allen this offseason and if he keeps it up he'll likley save his buddy Paytons job.

PS: One other shout out... Our new D-Line coach deserves alot of credit too. At NC State he ran a ton of stunts and misdirecrion stuff which allowed him to get the most out of the talent he had and it appears hes doing thr same here.

Archived