Brightburn

candyman93

Its funny, even the credits and set up remind me of Man of Steel.

Such a blatant rip off....or parody....but I like it.

Looks good.   Wont see it in theaters, but I will check it out when it gets to video.

Only way I'm going to see this is if it somehow hits and there's a horror universe started because of it.  Otherwise, it looks like a script written by a bunch of stoned comic book fans who asked what would happen if Superman was an angry autistic instead of Clark Kent. 

Everybody commenting on how good it looks doesn't seem to be asking how in the hell they're going to carry this pitch for 1.5 - 2 hours. 

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Only way I'm going to see this is if it somehow hits and there's a horror universe started because of it.  Otherwise, it looks like a script written by a bunch of stoned comic book fans who asked what would happen if Superman was an angry autistic instead of Clark Kent. 

Everybody commenting on how good it looks doesn't seem to be asking how in the hell they're going to carry this pitch for 1.5 - 2 hours. 

Counterpoint: Why is Superman portrayed as the most vanilla and boring person imaginable (as is the standard) any less entertaining than him portrayed as an angry and isolated child?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Counterpoint: Why is Superman portrayed as the most vanilla and boring person imaginable (as is the standard) any less entertaining than him portrayed as an angry and isolated child?

I think he is just pointing out that it is a rip off without much potential beyond telling a pretty straightforward story of an alternate reality Superman.    

I think as a standalone movie though, it should be able to carry itself for 2 hours and be entertaining.

21 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

So would the second movie be about a spoiled rich kid that was trained in martial arts and has a thing for bats?

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

This leaked early and my friend watched it. He said it is an absolute gore fest so I'm out. If you don't like gore and planned on seeing this you have been warned.

I saw a red band clip on you tube and it was 3 minutes of pretty much crap.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:53 AM, THE DUKE said:

I saw a red band clip on you tube and it was 3 minutes of pretty much crap.

Probably why the marketing campaign has seemingly died down the closer we get to the actual release date. While I was cautiously optimistic when the trailer debuted, I'm pretty sure this is going to end up a Red Box/streaming option for me.