Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

No you're being petty and obviously upset, rightfully so. I'd be pissed too. If the roles were reversed  I have ZERO DOUBT, you'd be calling Colbert a genius for fleecing the Raiders. 

Steelers simply didn't have the leverage the masses clearly thought/assumed. That's all. 

No, Im not.    You just cant understand simple logic, apparently.

1) I give Mayock/Gruden credit for taking advantage of the situation.    That doesnt make them geniuses in any way.

2)  Colbert said from the get go that he would not trade Brown for poor value.    He did it because a) he didnt want to pay Brown his roster bonus and b) he was afraid of standing up to Brown.

3) Colbert didnt have to trade Brown at all.    If anyone forced his hand, it was Brown, not Mayock.

4) When we traded Bryant for a 3rd last year, I didnt say Colbert was a genius.      If we had traded Bryant for a 1st, I wouldnt have said he was a genius....I wouldve said the Raiders were stupid.    

You probably believed your front office was genius when they traded Bradford for a 1st round pick, rather than just another teams sheer stupidity.   

You apparently cant tell the difference.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

No, Im not.    You just cant understand simple logic, apparently.

1) I give Mayock/Gruden credit for taking advantage of the situation.    That doesnt make them geniuses in any way.

2)  Colbert said from the get go that he would not trade Brown for poor value.    He did it because a) he didnt want to pay Brown his roster bonus and b) he was afraid of standing up to Brown.

3) Colbert didnt have to trade Brown at all.    If anyone forced his hand, it was Brown, not Mayock.

4) When we traded Bryant for a 3rd last year, I didnt say Colbert was a genius.      If we had traded Bryant for a 1st, I wouldnt have said he was a genius....I wouldve said the Raiders were stupid.    

You probably believed your front office was genius when they traded Bradford for a 1st round pick, rather than just another teams sheer stupidity.   

You apparently cant tell the difference.

The Steelers were geniuses last year for getting a 3rd for Martavis. Did you not see any of the threads. Everyone including Raider fans said it was beyond high way robbery. He should of went for a 6th. 

This kind of makes up for it. But obviously yes, I know it has nothing to do with that situation. 

2 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

I don't see how Mayock is a genius.  He did well but the reason the deal happened the way it did was due to Brown playing the system like a pro.  A deal was in place to trade Brown to the bills, Brown stopped that trade from happening and the Raiders benefitted because of their cap situation and they were the only team really able to accommodate Brown in his demands.

They were bidding against themselves at that point.  Everything went in their favor to make a deal and the Raiders did well under the circumstances.  But it was also a perfect storm for them to fleece the Steelers, it wasn't because of some genius persuasion techniques by Mayock

I'm  not disagreeing with any of this but Mayock could of just as easily catered to whatever Colbert wanted, that's my point. He didn't.  He knew he had the winning hand and played it to the T. 

This narrative that its was all Colbert fault, hes an idiot, he caved,  he didn't do A, B or C while giving  Mayock  virtually  no credit is what's laughable. 

Mayock didn't have to redue AB's  contract, could of played hard ball , said hell no but chose not to. Could of dealt his 2nd, late 1st instead of a 3rd/5th but chose not to. Doesn't  matter what transpired on Browns behalf to set the deal in motion,  Mayock still had to bring it home.

Something Buffalo didn't do, my Eagles and a handful  of other Teams/GM's didn't  do.

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm  not disagreeing with any of this but Mayock could of just as easily catered to whatever Colbert wanted, that's my point. He didn't.  He knew he had the winning hand and played it to the T. 

This narrative that its was all Colbert fault, hes an idiot, he caved,  he didn't do A, B or C while giving  Mayock  virtually  no credit is what's laughable. 

Mayock didn't have to redue AB's  contract, could of played hard ball , said hell no but chose not to. Could of dealt his 2nd, late 1st instead of a 3rd/5th but chose not to. Doesn't  matter what transpired on Browns behalf to set the deal in motion,  Mayock still had to bring it home.

Something Buffalo didn't do, my Eagles and a handful  of other Teams/GM's didn't  do.

I think you are misrepresenting what people are saying.  Everybody is giving credit to Mayock here.  That's not the issue.  The contention comes from how much credit he deserves.  The term genius insinuates he is an outlier/significantly smarter than most GM's.  Everything worked out in their favor for this deal to happen (cap space, AB preference, Bills deal falling through) and Mayock was patient to see how it plays out.  Well done.  But he doesn't deserve to be labeled a genius for it.  Brown was the driving force for the awful compensation the Steelers got bottom line 

Just now, BayRaider said:

The Steelers were geniuses last year for getting a 3rd for Martavis. Did you not see any of the threads. Everyone including Raider fans said it was beyond high way robbery. He should of went for a 6th. 

This kind of makes up for it. But obviously yes, I know it has nothing to do with that situation. 

Thats my point, though.

Too many people mistake genius for simply taking advantage of stupidity.     

Colbert wasnt a genius.    He traded a player with known red flags for a 3rd round pick and jumped on it.    He took advantage of the Raiders....but he didnt outthink them.     

If we were in a situation where we HAD to trade Brown immediately, it would be different.         We didnt HAVE to trade him.    Colbert proved he has no balls and didnt want to stand up to Mr Big Chest.

Im not going to keep going over it.

The Raiders fleeced the Steelers and I give them credit for that....but it wasnt due to genius, or anything close to it.    

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We still have a massive need for WR. Jordy is on his last legs, AB is great but again is only one dude, and our leading receiver last year was a RB.

I wonder if we re-sign Cook or look for a TE early.

WR/TE Still can be addressed via FA and or the draft too, just not in the first 3 maybe even 5 picks.

They might even trade for another WR ala Agholor depending on the price?  Either way Rushing the passer and protect the QB should be priority  1, 2, 3 and 4.

Colbert wasnt a genius.    He traded a player with known red flags for a 3rd round pick and jumped on it.    He took advantage of the Raiders....but he didnt outthink them.     

Taking the suspension in to consideration, I think he did.

Hollywood Brown coming to the Raiders at 35, the Brown Brothers on the same team. We really need a deep threat. ZERO speed on this team. 

I hope we don’t draft Kyler Murray but can you imagine how broken Madden would be  with Kyler Murray (91 spd), LeVeon Bell (97 ovr), Antonio Brown (99 ovr), and Hollywood Brown (97 spd) on the same team.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Taking the suspension in to consideration, I think he did.

Maybe I should rephrase that.

He may have outthought him.....but it wasnt like a battle of genius minds where Colbert came out out top.     Bryant's issues were extremely well documented.     No one shouldve been dumb enough to believe he was safe to trade for....especially a day 2 pick.

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

So now we need to be outspoken about praise for other teams star players just in case we land them? lol. It was common knowledge that AB has been a top 2 WR the past 3-4 years, we have to spell it out for you? 

You're welcome to go to Raiders forum and see how many of us wanted the guy before yesterday. However--It IS funny that some who thought this was a "dumb" idea who are in this very topic selling it now...went so far as to say "Commitment to Mediocrity"...and that poster isn't the only one like that in here.

1 hour ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Until it’s thread I had no idea Antonio Brown was held in such high regard by Raiders fans.

If I didn’t know better I’d think it was coincidental.

I didn't like the idea because of the obvious attitude concerns and the potential compensation (was fearing a 1st).

After it went down and I read what was given, I was more at ease. Nothing good would come from constantly dwelling on the things that could go wrong now. Most us look at it like we paid a low price to the Steeler for an AllPro, gave him a short term deal and we hope he balls out for us on and off the field. Simple as that. If he implodes again then we'll get the pitchforks out but no need for that at this point.

Just now, BayRaider said:

Hollywood Brown coming to the Raiders at 35, the Brown Brothers on the same team. We really need a deep threat. ZERO speed on this team. 

I hope we don’t draft Kyler Murray but can you imagine how broken Madden would be  with Kyler Murray (91 spd), LeVeon Bell (97 ovr), Antonio Brown (99 ovr), and Hollywood Brown (97 spd) on the same team.

Dont worry....Madden will be broken regardless of whether that happens for not.  

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Dont worry....Madden will be broken regardless of whether that happens for not.  

Touche. Touche. 

Hoping with XFL 2K will make a new game and you can customized teams for a 32 team league. 

Not gonna happen with AAF. That league is more directly connected to the NFL than we thought. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Touche. Touche. 

Hoping with XFL 2K will make a new game and you can customized teams for a 32 team league. 

Not gonna happen with AAF. That league is more directly connected to the NFL than we thought. 

Supposedly, there is a generic college football game in the works as well....but I doubt it comes out, and even if it does, my bet is it sucks.  

Supposedly, there is a generic college football game in the works as well....but I doubt it comes out, and even if it does, my bet is it sucks.  

Gameplay and In-Depth Franchise, with ability to add teams, is all I care about. Do not care about graphics as long as it’s PS3 type level. 

Archived