Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

9 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

My guess is that moron Florio wrote that.   Only he would write something that stupid.

No matter what, just know I hate florio too. You guys will be fine. Juju is already a stud and Colbert, for his management flaws, can seemingly draft every position pretty well except for DB. Pulling for you guys this year.

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Exactly why the Steelers had no incentive to trade him for such terrible value....but still did.

Colbert is the dumbest GM in the league....among other things.

Wasn't it Rooney that wanted him to be traded after their meeting? Terrible football move but I think it had to be done. I don't think Colbert could have avoided it.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Wasn't it Rooney that wanted him to be traded after their meeting? Terrible football move but I think it had to be done. I don't think Colbert could have avoided it.

They agreed its time to move on.    Im sure everyone agreed with that.

Trading him for terrible value, though, with no real cap relief?   Without even waiting to see how free agency and the draft shakes out?

Art II is an idiot too, though.  

20 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

They agreed its time to move on.    Im sure everyone agreed with that.

Trading him for terrible value, though, with no real cap relief?   Without even waiting to see how free agency and the draft shakes out?

Art II is an idiot too, though.  

I don't know but my guess is Art wanted him traded before the roster bonus came into play. Obviously they took the best deal that was available so I don't know if much more could have been done if ownership wanted him off of the roster prior to the 17th, or whenever his bonus money was due. It sucks to lose a #1 WR for peanuts but it has been known for awhile that it was happening and when it was first discussed I thought a mid to late 1st was what he could fetch, then other stuff happened and it seemed like a 2nd and then he wanted more money so the value is probably pretty fair. Sure, worth more to the Steelers than a 3rd and 5th but he was gone either way. He was no longer wanted. I think the Steelers did the right thing. I wouldn't have given up a 3rd and 5th for him and I'd like to have a #1 WR.

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No matter what, just know I hate florio too. You guys will be fine. Juju is already a stud and Colbert, for his management flaws, can seemingly draft every position pretty well except for DB. Pulling for you guys this year.

JuJu has been a stud but it will be interesting to see what he does when he is the true #1. Teams couldnt ignore Brown to help with JuJu. They can now. 

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

JuJu has been a stud but it will be interesting to see what he does when he is the true #1. Teams couldnt ignore Brown to help with JuJu. They can now. 

True, but Juju has had success when Brown was not in the game, including the few games Brown missed in 2017 due to injury.

However,  we absolutely need someone next to Juju.   We went from having the best WR corps in the league to potentially one of the worst.   We really have nothing beyond Juju right now.

41 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Rapsheet said on NFL network that New England offered a 2nd and 4th round pick for Brown but the Steelers did not want to trade him to NE under any circumstances.

I can't/don't blame them. Giving Brady a weapon like Brown!? No thanks. 

Just now, August4th said:

plus that offer was not much better than what the raiders gave them

Pats could have offered multiple 1st and I'd lean no if I'm the Steelers - Pittsburgh is usually in the thick of the AFC race, no need to give them anyone who could make them better.

Archived