Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Pats could have offered multiple 1st and I'd lean no if I'm the Steelers - Pittsburgh is usually in the thick of the AFC race, no need to give them anyone who could make them better.

I would trade him to NE for multiple firsts and just plan on punting for the next couple years, maybe try to trade Ben as well. Then in 3 or 4 years when Brown and Brady are done setting the record for consecutive 2000 yard and 20 TD seasons and Patrick Mahomes is costing 20% of the cap we could come in with our QBOTF and other new 1st rounders and compete.

17 hours ago, Forge said:

Hope that the Jets win that war, then sign Tevin Coleman for much cheaper. 

Coleman cant be even close to an every down guy, imo the ideal role for him is 10-12 carries and 3-5 catches a game. you pretty much need another starting caliber, do it all rb with him. 

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

Coleman cant be even close to an every down guy, imo the ideal role for him is 10-12 carries and 3-5 catches a game. you pretty much need another starting caliber, do it all rb with him. 

That's fine. I don't care if I get production from a committee or from a workhorse. Its all the same production in the end. 

Just now, Forge said:

That's fine. I don't care if I get production from a committee or from a workhorse. Its all the same production in the end. 

so whats the benefit of paying two guys 12 million total instead of one guy 13? Is the million dollars really that important? undoubtedly bell is better than coleman and likely whoever they pair him with as well... so unless teams are betting on he'll get injured i dont see the upside.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so whats the benefit of paying two guys 12 million total instead of one guy 13? Is the million dollars really that important? undoubtedly bell is better than coleman and likely whoever they pair him with as well... so unless teams are betting on he'll get injured i dont see the upside.

Who said I was paying 2 guys 12 million ?  I'll pay 2 guys 6 million, get comparable production and put the remaining 7 somewhere else. The 49ers paid Matt Breida and Mostert about 1.5 combined. One guy averaged 5.3 yards per carry, the other 7.7. Are they as good as Bell in all facets? Of course not. But I'm fine with that, and I Don't believe the rest of what Bell does is worth 10 million more. I'm just not a fan of paying running backs top dollar. 

That being said, Coleman's market is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than I anticipated. I thought he'd sign for like 4 million...there are reports of him getting between 7-10 now. That's crazy for me. In that instance, I'll take Bell at 13 over coleman at say 9. 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think you can easily find better in the draft. 

Not sure why so many teams are that high on Tevin tbh, he had a down year.

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

Who said I was paying 2 guys 12 million ?  I'll pay 2 guys 6 million, get comparable production and put the remaining 7 somewhere else. The 49ers paid Matt Breida and Mostert about 1.5 combined. One guy averaged 5.3 yards per carry, the other 7.7. Are they as good as Bell in all facets? Of course not. But I'm fine with that, and I Don't believe the rest of what Bell does is worth 10 million more. I'm just not a fan of paying running backs top dollar. 

That being said, Coleman's market is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than I anticipated. I thought he'd sign for like 4 million...there are reports of him getting between 7-10 now. That's crazy for me. In that instance, I'll take Bell at 13 over coleman at say 9. 

well 4 million was never realistic. mckinnons contract last year is a good baseline, im sure most teams see that as an overpay but even if coleman gets 10-15% less than youre still paying 8 mil/year. add to that another signing or draft pick or keeping what they have and youre pretty much at what bell costs.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

well 4 million was never realistic. mckinnons contract last year is a good baseline, im sure most teams see that as an overpay but even if coleman gets 10-15% less than youre still paying 8 mil/year. add to that another signing or draft pick or keeping what they have and youre pretty much at what bell costs.

I figured that teams would treat the contract we gave McKinnon as an idiotic outlier and not as a baseline for comparable backs moving forward lol

One of the things I've seen people discussing is AB's attitude and how it will impact on the Raiders - stuff like him being upset if Carr doesn't get him the ball enough or having to play with a lower caliber of offense, etc. I think it's very unlikely that AB kicks up any kind of fuss this season or the first couple in Vegas. How often does a player cause a scene at two teams in a row, in quick succession? He's getting paid, he's getting away from Ben, and for all people mock Gruden (often correctly), he's not exactly the sort of guy who will take a diva attitude on his team like some other coaches would. Unless the team is an utter dumpster fire for the next couple of years, which should be unlikely given the draft capital and cap room available, I think Brown will toe the line. I'm not saying that somewhere down the line he won't start to fall out with people, cry about not getting the ball enough, demand a new contract or whatever else he's been doing in Pittsburgh, but I think it'll be a good few years before we see that stuff again from him.

Not going to weigh in too much on the trade value aspect of the whole thing, but if the Pats were indeed offering a better deal as rumors suggest, then I'm surprised the Steelers didn't use that leverage more. A team has three 1st round picks, another team offers you a 2nd, and you end up only taking 3rd & 5th from the team with loads of picks... it's bizarre. Maybe the Raiders were point blank refusing to go higher than a 3rd, but at that point surely you try and bring other teams into play that are willing to give more than the Raiders and that aren't the Patriots. Seems like Steelers fans have every right to be mad at Colbert, because the whole thing doesn't look great for them.

On 3/10/2019 at 1:11 AM, ACO said:

We clowned the Raiders but dannnng. They sitting pretty right now. 

What is the OTHER rumor is true and they looking to got #1 for that QB? Things could get spicy.

Super high level finessing going on here.

20 hours ago, coors said:

I'm still not sure how he only went for a 3 and a 5. There had to have been better offers out there.

Literally cause he’s a head case (and I guess maybe cause he’s 31)

Archived