Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

I'm wondering after all the hoops, if Brown continues to produce at a high level, will this entire saga regarding the Steelers mess with his HOF chances down the road? Obviously, way too early to tell, but even now if he retired his numbers are very impressive. Still, with how controversial the HOF voting process is, I get the feeling that even with continued dominance, the recent events will hurt his legacy somewhat. I'm guessing he won't even go into the Steelers Hall of Honor. 

On 3/11/2019 at 10:26 AM, ET80 said:

Pats could have offered multiple 1st and I'd lean no if I'm the Steelers - Pittsburgh is usually in the thick of the AFC race, no need to give them anyone who could make them better.

That's bad business.

He's already gotten rid of the Hogan mustache and blue plaits... He played the hell out of the Steelers. I don't think this started about money - I believe him having issues with Ben - but I think he actually outsmarted everyone and figured he could turn the situation into one about money (and even tweeted as much) and ultimately did. He basically did what Le'Veon Bell wanted to do but did it in the span of 2 months whereas Bell had a concocted plan for a whole year that didn't exactly work out.

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Anyone who watched the Steelers last year knew this, unfortunately. Steelers fans came to Ben's defense - and Steelers Depot has even put together a piece about every time he took the blame for a loss during his career - but the reality is Ben was the one who was off in the WiFi duo, not AB. Frustrating that an All-Time Great Duo got seperated because one or both of them had egos. I won't be cheering for AB anymore but I do still want him to become an all-time great so I hope ABDC works out.

On 3/12/2019 at 7:09 PM, PapaShogun said:

I'm wondering after all the hoops, if Brown continues to produce at a high level, will this entire saga regarding the Steelers mess with his HOF chances down the road? Obviously, way too early to tell, but even now if he retired his numbers are very impressive. Still, with how controversial the HOF voting process is, I get the feeling that even with continued dominance, the recent events will hurt his legacy somewhat. I'm guessing he won't even go into the Steelers Hall of Honor. 

The narrative on Brown - whether wrong or right - has been written. Guys like Pete King now consider him a TO/Ocho-level cancer. As a result, he will have to have an amazing back half of his career (I'm talking coming close to Rice) to be a first ballot guy. The same guys who took him off their AP ballots this year will be HOF voters.

Archived