Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

2 minutes ago, typecast said:

I've seen 2 + 67 for 6 + OBJ suggested way too many times in the various 49er fan communities.

Come over to the Browns board man, there are some that without blinking would trade 2 1sts, 3rd, Joel Bitonio, Nick Chubb, a Taco Bell Party Pack and Myles Garrett for OBJ

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Good deal for Oakland. That's a lot of money to pay a WR AB's age, though.

I agree, but it stays as a 3 year deal so he’ll only be 34 at the end of the contract.  I’m not pumped about the money, but I’m happy we didn’t give up a 1st or 2nd.

So he getting 19 M a year for 4 years and and the Raiders keep their 3 firsts and gain two addition picks? If they hit on their drafts.... whew. Game changer. This will be fun to watch. 

4 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

If he plays at his average for the next few seasons then it’s a huge steal, if he gets his money and gets lazy I’ll be eating my words 

Its a great trade, I just cant believe PITT really gave up that easy to a team that has THREE 1st round picks. Soft.

If a player of his caliber did me like that, guess what. We either get fair value or your not playing in the league next year ala Leveon Bell. Ill hold a grudge.

Just now, ACO said:

So he getting 19 M a year for 4 years and and the Raiders keep their 3 firsts and gain two addition picks? If they hit on their drafts.... whew. Game changer. This will be fun to watch. 

3yr 50 mil, so $16 mil per season.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its a great trade, I just cant believe PITT really gave up that easy to a team that has THREE 1st round picks. Soft.

If a player of his caliber did me like that, guess what. We either get fair value or your not playing in the league next year ala Leveon Bell. Ill hold a grudge.

Pitt was lucky to get anything for him. AB is a diva, the fact that no contender even sniffed around speaks volumes. 

Just now, patriotsheatyan said:

Would the Raiders have tried this if not for the Mack trade?

Probably not but it is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, daineraider said:

3yr 50 mil, so $16 mil per season.

Ah thanks for the correction

Just now, Cheesehead430 said:

Pitt was lucky to get anything for him. AB is a diva, the fact that no contender even sniffed around speaks volumes. 

Not disagreeing. But I would rather prove a point and literally force him to retire if I wasnt getting fair value. I would rather prove a point then give him away for essentially nothing. You screw me over, Ill screw you over. Its easily worth a 3rd and 5th to prove a point.

Kevin Colbert is a little *****, and the Steelers front office proved the are ******* pushovers.   

On top of that, shows other diva pieces of **** like Brown that, if they kick and scream enough, they can get whatever they want.   Great precedent set for a league thats already going down the crapper.    

Archived