Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It would take all night to point out how laughable your logic is as it applies to this.....but Im too tired right now.    

There is a difference between giving players more leverage and letting players do whatever they want.   

I'm a rival fan of the Steelers so I'm pretty pleased how it all went down. The players do need more leverage but they need leverage against ownership not leverage against the Steelers so I don't think this helps players... maybe the malcontents but we aren't concerned about them anyway. I really don't think there were any winners. The Raiders could be winners if Brown plays well the next 3 years but he isn't trending as someone I have faith in staying on the field 3 more years without team or league suspensions.

A lot of hot takes on the raiders passing on paying Khalil Mack a younger, great player but willing to pay an older, great, off the field risk player in AB.

Terrible takes on Twitter comparing average yearly salary between the 2 instead of looking at the guaranteed money comparison, as well as other even more important factors.

AB gets $30 million guaranteed with an out after 2 years. Khalil Mack got 90 Million guaranteed at signing.

Amari Cooper is at least getting the Sammy Watkins contract which was $30 million guaranteed at signing for a 3 year contract. I'm willing to bet that given Amari's age that the contract is going to be at least 5 year deal. That means he'll likely have $30-50 million guaranteed in his contract.

Mack and Cooper could have had $120-140 Million Guaranteed at Signing in one off-season. That plus a franchise QB contract that will have to be re-done after next year if they plan on keeping him would've made it impossible to substantially improve the roster via free agency and with on average one pick per round in the draft they would've been stuck in limbo.

The Raiders contrary to the hot takes were not a Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper away from sustained winning. The Mack trade was terrible because of how great Mack is on and off the field and how hard it is to come by such amazing players, but it always made sense from the perspective of a long-term 3-4 year plan trying to get back to the sustainable winning.

Now, at least they have a chance at getting to such sustainable winning in about 3 to 4 years. If they can use, the cap space and 4, 1sts and 2, 2nds over the course of the next two draft to try to rebuild their core. If they can hit on 3 out of 6, and Derek Carr is still playing at a top 15 QB-level they have a shot at winning of some variety.

If I'm the raiders, I'm not waiting to get my Khalil Mack replacement. I'm trading from 4 to wherever I need to in order to get Nick Bosa. Worse comes to worst they have to get Quinnen Williams. Josh Allen is not on those players level imo. To have AB and Nick Bosa, the cap space, 2 late 1st this year, and 2 1st next year. It's a more sustainable "get ready to gamble" position to be in. Now, it would've been so much smarter to have gotten 2, 1sts from the Jets. In that case, they could've looked into getting Bosa and Quinnen in the same draft and they'd be off to the races.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The player didn't get to do what he wants. He used his leverage to force the Steelers to trade him to a place he wanted to play. He didn't get to walk in FA, maximize his value, and choose his spot. It's a good lesson for how other star players can use leverage to get some of what they want. You're upset because they didn't get the value you think the Steelers deserve. Of course, instead of all the bluster, you could just step up and actually make a point. But I guess it would "take all night" to challenge my argument, which undermines your claim that my logic is laughable. If it's actually laughable, it shouldn't take much effort for you to dispatch it.

So don't show up for practice a few days, try fighting your starting QB, get some lawsuits against you for destruction of property and nearly seriously hurting a young child, potentially have an assault charge against a baby mama pressed against you. The path has been laid out by AB for future players, do what he did and teams will trade you. Great message.

49 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You gotta include the fact that Oakland has to pay him top money instantly though

how many other teams are trying to bid to pay crazy money 

What's the market for Tyrell Williams again?

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

So don't show up for practice a few days, try fighting your starting QB, get some lawsuits against you for destruction of property and nearly seriously hurting a young child, potentially have an assault charge against a baby mama pressed against you. The path has been laid out by AB for future players, do what he did and teams will trade you. Great message.

Yeah, you can chill with the melodrama. 

8 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Labor should always have the most leverage

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Agreed. But NFL players have typically been afraid to rock the boat. 

Yeah guys totally.  All power to the worker!  Let's let the NFL turn into the ****show that is the NBA.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Melodrama? That's exactly why he was traded.

The Steelers traded him because their relationship blew up, he demanded a trade, and they believed him when he said implied he would choose not playing over playing. It doesn't take breaking the law to do that.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The player didn't get to do what he wants. He used his leverage to force the Steelers to trade him to a place he wanted to play. He didn't get to walk in FA, maximize his value, and choose his spot. It's a good lesson for how other star players can use leverage to get some of what they want. You're upset because they didn't get the value you think the Steelers deserve. Of course, instead of all the bluster, you could just step up and actually make a point. But I guess it would "take all night" to challenge my argument, which undermines your claim that my logic is laughable. If it's actually laughable, it shouldn't take much effort for you to dispatch it.

What leverage did he use?   He had no leverage.   He kicked and screamed and became a distraction in an effort to force the Steelers to move him.

Im more upset they caved to a players acting like an idiot.      I already said I wouldnt care if they kept him, let him rot on the bench, and get nothing....rather than cave to his diva antics.   

Youve yet to make a single decent point on the matter, so its pretty silly to call out me not making a point when I clearly have.   Youre laughably insinuating that a player acting like an idiot to get what they want is a good thing....and its not.   THAT is my point.    

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Steelers traded him because their relationship blew up, he demanded a trade, and they believed him when he said implied he would choose not playing over playing. It doesn't take breaking the law to do that.

Way to just conveniently leave out that he acted like a huge diva, caused numerous distractions and went on a social media tirade in an effort to force their hand.

But by all means, continuing ignoring facts just to push your flawed narrative.    

Archived