Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Wrong. If that were true, he'd be playing in Buffalo right now or for the Steelers or the Raiders would have given up more. Brown has a lot more leverage than the average player. He can credibly threaten to walk away. What he showed other top players is that they can get what they want if they're willing to take risks.

Take risks like what? Not show up for practices, be a pr nightmare (civil lawsuits, etc), have a fairly public rift with your teammate... those kind of risks> Or should i "chill with the melodrama" cause you dont like the obvious being stated. Very much seems like youre saying guys should be crappy teammates and poor members of society and theyll get what they want. I think when i go to work monday, im gonna start calling some of my counterparts customers and just badmouth the crap out of them, hopefully they drop them and therefore my sales will look way better. Leverage!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

draft well, make good value signings. 

you realize theres a cap floor, right? The raiders have lots of money to spend, brown is on a shorter term deal and they didnt give up any 1sts or 2nds. As long as Brown can not be a moron, this is a fantastic trade.

29 minutes ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

That’s my point. The trade itself is fine, if you think he can be a decent teammate. That contract...

I may be mistaking the point, but I think I more likely just made my post super vague. I meant that I don't think the contract is prohibitive considering the player involved. It's only what... 4 mil extra a year? Without having to extend him? He's definitely worth the money. He gets bragging rights until the next big WR contract is signed, Raiders guarantee him his money and they do it past the first year so they know he'll be back.

I think i came off as "Raiders could have done better" when I meant "they got him without signing him to a crazy deal"

Edited by nagahide13

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Well, at the time that we signed him to the big extension he gave 0 public indication that he had such a volatile personality.  In fat when we signed him to that deal I bet a bunch of people that are making comments right now are the same people that called the extension a no brainer.

Again, the Steelers’ big mistake wasn’t giving him the extension.  It was restructuring the deal last season. Without that restructure, they could’ve traded him with a much lower financial impact. And it would have given AB much less leverage in this whole process.

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

He didn't want to go to Buffalo but is fine going to Oakland!? Allen is still a young QB who is improving, Carr is about maxed out and look how his connection with Cooper was... Plus he might not even be there. I see AB's production taking a sky dive.

Very interested to see the comp, anything short of a 1st and I will consider this a very good trade for Oakland. You upgrade at WR and get a 1st (Cooper trade)? 4d chess. 

edit: 3rd and a 5th I see, which is about what was being rumored he would cost. That is such a steal to me, one of the best WRs in the NFL for pennies.

Oakland, soon to be Vegas. Vegas has a ton of appeal and it's around the corner. 

I think most people saying Oakland shouldn't have given him a bigger contract are the ones who actaully thought AB wasn't gonna get his way. Thought Ben could be the jerk he is but Bell and Brown had to be professional. Let's see what Ben looks like without both Bell and Brown. Also lets see when his retirement rumors start back up. The #1 or #2 WR for a 3rd and 5th round pick is a steal for Gruden!!!

Don't the Raiders have a ton of cap space? I love the trade for them and honestly don't mind the pay raise

Here's something I love about it, if Carr doesn't improve this season and he definitely should with the best WR in the game at his disposal, he can be cut for like 5M dead cap hit and they can go get their guy in the draft, or they could go ahead and draft their guy this year and see what Carr does too. I like this a lot for Oakland

As far as Pittsburgh's concerned, I dont think they won the trade but he had to be dealt, the bridge was long burned or more like nuclear bombed so he had to go and that hurt his trade value that others were willing to deal. I'm surprised a team in a more win-now mode that had loads of cap didn't pony up a 2nd but maybe they didn't want to give him to a contender like Indy?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! why!!!!!!! I hate you Gruden!!!! 

You think he was mad before???? Now it’s Derek Carr. If you are not the first read or a RB you ain’t getting the ball

With the weapons on the Raiders being what they are, won't  be to many times AB isn't his first read.

AB doesn't have any problems  creating separation. If anything,  he'll probably  be force fed the ball to much by Gruden/Carr.

Be hilarious now if they somehow have the money to sign Bell too? Hilarious. 

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I think most people saying Oakland shouldn't have given him a bigger contract are the ones who actaully thought AB wasn't gonna get his way. Thought Ben could be the jerk he is but Bell and Brown had to be professional. Let's see what Ben looks like without both Bell and Brown. Also lets see when his retirement rumors start back up. The #1 or #2 WR for a 3rd and 5th round pick is a steal for Gruden!!!

I agree the rumors will likely get worse especially if he is noticeably worse without AB but as far as Bell is concerned, we've seen how he plays without him and James Conner played really well in his absence. 

Fair value from Brown. No one wanted that headache in their locker room, and they you had to pay him top money and throw guaranteed cash for his age 31,32,33 seasons? Raiders didn't steal anything. There's a reason none of the stable front offices of the NFL wanted anything to do with this. Don't see the benefit for the Raiders, they aren't going anywhere, keep your money and picks and rebuild.

Raiders won the trade as far as value. However, they continue to be one of worst run franchises in professional sports. Just added a cancer to your roster and paid him an insane amount who will be 31 before next season. Stupid organization but this is also the same franchise that gave Gruden a 10 year deal.