Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

24 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Again, the Steelers’ big mistake wasn’t giving him the extension.  It was restructuring the deal last season. Without that restructure, they could’ve traded him with a much lower financial impact. And it would have given AB much less leverage in this whole process.

And hindsight is 20/20 on that. Who would of thought this is where this was going?

I mean the trade value is good, but I thought a huge selling point on getting rid of Mack is the fact that he was gonna ask for a big payday. I didn't hate the Mack trade (didn't love it either) but this move makes that deal make even less sense. I'd much rather have paid Mack

21 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

With the weapons on the Raiders being what they are, won't  be to many times AB isn't his first read.

AB doesn't have any problems  creating separation. If anything,  he'll probably  be force fed the ball to much by Gruden/Carr.

Be hilarious now if they somehow have the money to sign Bell too? Hilarious. 

It’s just sad in this Gruden world. We have to upgrade the OL to give Derek time or it will be crying and 3 & out central 

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And hindsight is 20/20 on that. Who would of thought this is where this was going?

Oh, I’m with you man. Colbert and company had no idea what was about to happen. You don’t do a restructure like that unless you’re 100% positive that player will be with you after the season. In the end, it will go down as a MASSIVE miscalculation, and honestly, some over-the-top sliminess by AB and Rosenhaus.

Imagine thinking adding arguably the best receiver in the game to your team a bad move. Love this for the Raiders. Hit on some draft picks and make some smart FA signings and they'll be solid

It's not out of the question Derek Carr improves his game as well

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Oh, I’m with you man. Colbert and company had no idea what was about to happen. You don’t do a restructure like that unless you’re 100% positive that player will be with you after the season. In the end, it will go down as a MASSIVE miscalculation, and honestly, some over-the-top sliminess by AB and Rosenhaus.

On top of that the reports are the only reason they did that was Bells agent said they had a deal and Pitt needed the space. 

3 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Imagine thinking adding arguably the best receiver in the game to your team a bad move. Love this for the Raiders. Hit on some draft picks and make some smart FA signings and they'll be solid

It's not out of the question Derek Carr improves his game as well

I don’t think it’s a bad move, I just don’t think it makes a ton of sense in light of other moves. Obviously if they nail this draft those question I have will be nullified.

35 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fair value from Brown. No one wanted that headache in their locker room, and they you had to pay him top money and throw guaranteed cash for his age 31,32,33 seasons? Raiders didn't steal anything. There's a reason none of the stable front offices of the NFL wanted anything to do with this. Don't see the benefit for the Raiders, they aren't going anywhere, keep your money and picks and rebuild.

they have like 55+ million in cap and gave up retaliative peanuts in draft capital, brown is not a great teammate but are you really unable to see the benefit to adding a top 2 wr? You have no idea what the raiders will be doing next year, they have 4 top 50 picks i think... theyre in great position to really turn that roster around. 

I am not sure when Brown became diva.  Fits the Raider culture though...it will be interesting.  Alas, and this just a gut feeling...I think he flames out as a Raiders and the Raiders will be sitting there holding the purse for that guaranteed money.  And, I love it!!  

2 hours ago, Roninho said:

Well the Mack trade still sucks.

But i certainly prefer:

* AB on a 3 year 50 mil deal

* a 1st

Vs.

* Cooper on 13 mio in 19 and then 15+

* a 3rd and a 5th

Imo AB is a better WR, and a better fit for us (Coop wasnt working for us). 

Yeah I will never understand the Mack deal though I can see the logic. They have the draft capital and hopefully they use it well. And yes Cooper needed to leave. That worked out for everyone involved. 

Ab has no value to the Steelers.  He was a liability on the books. His talent is irrelevant . 

I hate the PS and IMO they got a steal with this trade. Oakland were idiots giving a three and a five and increasing AB salary.

I heard the let him retire crap nonsense but that ridiculous. You running a team you don't let assets get away for nothing. 

The PS got rid of a cancer and end up with picks. That a win for them.

Negative values to a 3rd and 5th.  Win PS.

PS   AB could of pulled that crap he did with the Bills again and you would be lucky to get a 7th rd pick if the circus continued.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The player didn't get to do what he wants. He used his leverage to force the Steelers to trade him to a place he wanted to play. He didn't get to walk in FA, maximize his value, and choose his spot. It's a good lesson for how other star players can use leverage to get some of what they want. You're upset because they didn't get the value you think the Steelers deserve. Of course, instead of all the bluster, you could just step up and actually make a point. But I guess it would "take all night" to challenge my argument, which undermines your claim that my logic is laughable. If it's actually laughable, it shouldn't take much effort for you to dispatch it.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but remember to keep this same energy if/when a prominent player on your team pulls something like this.  

I don't understand how people can have so much hatred for a player who all he's done is express his personality.  I can get being annoyed by him, I guess, but hatred?  

Can't even be a little different in the NFL without being deemed "crazy", "off his rocker", "malcontent" (even though I've never heard of another player disliking AB), etc.  And people are going to act like it is just an AB thing, but it isn't.  People treat guys like Newton and Beckham the same way, although they use different nouns. 

I remember when Carson Palmer forced his way out of Cincy and the vast majority of fans (excluding maybe Bengals fans) praised him.  Palmer just didn't show up and forced his way out.  AB speaks up about why he wants to get out, dyes his mustache a different color, and now suddenly he's some bad guy.  

I'm glad he got what he wanted.  Ben seems like a tool to play for and if anyone deserves to be hated, it's him. 

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

I don't understand how people can have so much hatred for a player who all he's done is express his personality.  I can get being annoyed by him, I guess, but hatred?  

Can't even be a little different in the NFL without being deemed "crazy", "off his rocker", "malcontent" (even though I've never heard of another player disliking AB), etc.  And people are going to act like it is just an AB thing, but it isn't.  People treat guys like Newton and Beckham the same way, although they use different nouns. 

I remember when Carson Palmer forced his way out of Cincy and the vast majority of fans (excluding maybe Bengals fans) praised him.  Palmer just didn't show up and forced his way out.  AB speaks up about why he wants to get out, dyes his mustache a different color, and now suddenly he's some bad guy.  

I'm glad he got what he wanted.  Ben seems like a tool to play for and if anyone deserves to be hated, it's him. 

Ben deserves plenty of hatred for his actions off the field. 

2 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but remember to keep this same energy if/when a prominent player on your team pulls something like this.  

Dude his entire franchise just pulled something like this.

Archived