Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

2 hours ago, Dome said:

Doesn’t really change anything IMO. I wasn’t under the impression the moves happened in a vacuum when I made the comment.

You said you don't think it makes sense when looking at other moves. But it does. Values, #s, situations all play into making this a logical move. Makes plenty of sense.

I wasn't one who loved the idea of trading for AB given the Raiders dearth of talent at all levels. But keeping 4 picks inside the top 35 is huge for their future.

I don't understand those commenting on AB flaming out. AB has been the hardest worker in the league, that won't change. That's in his DNA. He knows and works to be the best. I think he comes in motivated and has a coach who will actually jive with him. Gruden took on Rison who was a hothead. Took on Jerry Rice when he was upset with his role in SF. 

Regarding Brown's age. Rice went for 1200 yards and 7 TDs at age 40 under Gruden. I reference this because Brown is a similar type worker and and all time great WR. His preparation to the game is unlike many in the league. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Regarding Brown's age. Rice went for 1200 yards and 7 TDs at age 40 under Gruden. I reference this because Brown is a similar type worker and and all time great WR. His preparation to the game is unlike many in the league. 

Don't compare Antonio Brown to Jerry Rice ever again.

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I wasn't one who loved the idea of trading for AB given the Raiders dearth of talent at all levels. But keeping 4 picks inside the top 35 is huge for their future.

I don't understand those commenting on AB flaming out. AB has been the hardest worker in the league, that won't change. That's in his DNA. He knows and works to be the best. I think he comes in motivated and has a coach who will actually jive with him. Gruden took on Rison who was a hothead. Took on Jerry Rice when he was upset with his role in SF. 

Yes agree on all of your points. Especially people thinking AB isn’t a hard worker or something. Just cause he can be a diva doesn’t mean he isn’t by far one of the hardest working players in football. He loves this sport and his work ethic is bar none. 

17 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He’s being rewarded for being an all-time great WR who should still be elite for 3-4 more years.

And how is AB a diva?  People keep reducing him to that.  By all accounts his work ethic is insane and he doesn’t take plays off.  All he does is ball.  Why can’t players be vocal and express themselves without being reduced to something negative?  

AB did what he had to do to escape a clearly toxic situation.  

a person can work hard at their craft and still be a "diva"

8 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

I don’t know how anyone could argue this isn’t a win for the Raiders. AB is the type of WR who will age nicely and him being 31 is way overblown. With his grind he will ball till 37 if he wants to

He relies on quickness to get separation. Once that isn't elite he won't be either. His catch rate has dropped each of the last 4 season. While you could argue his QB has something to do with that, for a receiver who usually averages 12-13 yards per catch his percentage should be around 70 instead of 60 if he is elite. I think he has 2 more years of AB left in him but after that probably wouldn't be worth more than a #2 or even #3 WR.

1 minute ago, Elky said:

Don't compare Antonio Brown to Jerry Rice ever again.

AB is the 2nd best receiver of all time behind Rice and I’ve been saying that long before he was a Raider. Him and Rice also play similar. Two best route runners of all time easily, top tier agility, and both fantastic at YAC. 

I will agree with you though no one is touching Rice though. I think he is easily the GOAT of football ahead of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

AB is the 2nd best receiver of all time behind Rice and I’ve been saying that long before he was a Raider. Him and Rice also play similar. Two best route runners of all time easily, top tier agility, and both fantastic at YAC. 

I will agree with you though no one is touching Rice though. I think he is easily the GOAT of football ahead of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. 

AB ain't got **** on Moss and TO.

Archived