Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

1 minute ago, ACO said:

On the flip said... they had a quality WR that is 6 years younger and a STUD defensive player. They gave them both up. They rather pay problematic AB instead of Mack? 

The Mack trade is largely indefensible. Even a lot of raider fans think that. The Cooper trade was really good value. He was really struggling with the raiders, and it wasn't just this year. A lot of people were laughing at the cowboys when that trade went down, not the raiders. The Bryant trade was horrific. This one is well worth the risk.

You win some, you lose some

3 minutes ago, ACO said:

On the flip said... they had a quality WR that is 6 years younger and a STUD defensive player. They gave them both up. They rather pay problematic AB instead of Mack? 

We had to trade Mack and get picks. Our defense was the worst in franchise history WITH Mack and 32nd. One superstar doesn’t make a defense. 

As for Cooper, would you rather have a 3rd, 5th, Cooper or a 1st and Antonio Brown? Easy choice. Brown is 10x the WR Coop will ever be. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Mack trade is largely indefensible. Even a lot of raider fans think that. The Cooper trade was really good value. He was really struggling with the raiders, and it wasn't just this year. A lot of people were laughing at the cowboys when that trade went down, not the raiders. The Bryant trade was horrific. This one is well worth the risk.

You win some, you lose some

People were clowning the Cowboys until he started playing well. I honestly think it was a good trade for them both. I agree he needed a change of scenery and once he went to the Cowboys they were a playoff team. I would give a 1st for that. So win/win. AB over Mack? I will never understand them willing to pay an aging WR over a beast of a defensive player in his prime.

AB won't be a bust unless he has zero chem with Derek Carr. I wouldn't trade up for any QB. Use those picks and get playmakers. 

51 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Kevin Colbert is a little *****, and the Steelers front office proved the are ******* pushovers.   

On top of that, shows other diva pieces of **** like Brown that, if they kick and scream enough, they can get whatever they want.   Great precedent set for a league thats already going down the crapper.    

Players having more leverage sounds like a good thing to me. Thank you, Steelers.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's great logic. The players make the game. They're the ones risking everything. I am happy if they get more leverage.

It would take all night to point out how laughable your logic is as it applies to this.....but Im too tired right now.    

There is a difference between giving players more leverage and letting players do whatever they want.   

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

It would take all night to point out how laughable your logic is as it applies to this.....but Im not tired right now.    

There is a difference between giving players more leverage and letting players do whatever they want.   

The player didn't get to do what he wants. He used his leverage to force the Steelers to trade him to a place he wanted to play. He didn't get to walk in FA, maximize his value, and choose his spot. It's a good lesson for how other star players can use leverage to get some of what they want. You're upset because they didn't get the value you think the Steelers deserve. Of course, instead of all the bluster, you could just step up and actually make a point. But I guess it would "take all night" to challenge my argument, which undermines your claim that my logic is laughable. If it's actually laughable, it shouldn't take much effort for you to dispatch it.

Archived