Antonio Brown traded to Oakland for a 3rd and 5th round pick

Cheesehead430

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Considering one of the rumors around Mack's trade was because of the Raiders lack of financial flexibility, yes, I'm surprised they can pay 16 mil per season for a 31 year old receiver instead of what was a 27 pass rusher in his prime roughly 23 mil.

LOL... average money means nothing... it' about gtd at signing... 90 million vs 30 million for a team that isn't as cash solvent is a TON of difference. 90 million plus 40 million for amari cooper totaling 130 million gtd at signing in one offseason compared to 30 million for just AB is an even more insane difference.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Considering one of the rumors around Mack's trade was because of the Raiders lack of financial flexibility, yes, I'm surprised they can pay 16 mil per season for a 31 year old receiver instead of what was a 27 pass rusher in his prime roughly 23 mil.

Does Mark Davis have $60M to pay Mack, cause that's what he got when he was signed? 

Edited by typecast
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Because he is mental. Ben shouldn't call him out in the media but he couldn't have been a bigger baby about it. This all started because his QB said he ran a flat route. Then he went on a crazy spree. Made him undesirable to his team and killed his own value. He is not the poster boy for anything positive. Bell I can see, fight the tag. Brown just acted a fool for a couple years.

You think this all started because of one thing? Come on. He made valid points about Ben. And Ben was the only person at fault on that interception.

7 minutes ago, typecast said:

Randy Moss to New England for a 4th round pick says hello. Brown has never led the league in targets in any season he's played (you can query for the various years). I'd concede that he's consistently in the top-5, but when you look at the target lists, a number of receivers are consistently high-volume targets.

Depends on what site you use, some sites had him leading in targets in 2015 and tied for first last year. Either way, I don't think he ever sees 190 targets again.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

You think this all started because of one thing? Come on. He made valid points about Ben. And Ben was the only person at fault on that interception.

Well, it started when he threw a football at his QB and tried to fight him on the practice field and then went awol.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Depends on what site you use, some sites had him leading in targets in 2015 and tied for first last year. Either way, I don't think he ever sees 190 targets again.

Or, I just use sites that don't merge regular season and playoff stats. Also, 2015 was the only season he saw more than 190 regular season targets, so yea, not a shocker if he doesn't see 190 targets again.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It started before this year. This has been building for awhile.

Yeah, that's why he signed the biggest deal for a WR in 2017 and restructured prior to last year getting more upfront money to help the Steelers cap situation. All signs that stuff was getting ugly.

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

They had to pay Mack far more than 23mil last year.

You are forgetting the signing bonus that gets paid upfront but they split it thru the life of the contract on paper. That was 34mil. Mack got a total of 41mil last year.

• Like 2

The Steelers got worked in this whole episode by AB. I would have loved to see them sit him out of spite or ship him off to catch passes from Josh Allen in Buffalo. Alas though, they allowed him to dictate the outcome here, which is better then he deserved given his behavior. 

Steelers really did get fleeced here. Their hands were tied. A 3/5 for one of the top receivers in the game is chump change. 

Yeah, that's why he signed the biggest deal for a WR in 2017 and restructured prior to last year getting more upfront money to help the Steelers cap situation. All signs that stuff was getting ugly.

Shocking that Antonio Brown would want more money. Absolutely shocking. That clearly proves that nothing was amiss. We should totally ignore what he has said.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

He didn't want to go to Buffalo but is fine going to Oakland!? Allen is still a young QB who is improving, Carr is about maxed out and look how his connection with Cooper was... Plus he might not even be there. I see AB's production taking a sky dive.

Very interested to see the comp, anything short of a 1st and I will consider this a very good trade for Oakland. You upgrade at WR and get a 1st (Cooper trade)? 4d chess. 

edit: 3rd and a 5th I see, which is about what was being rumored he would cost. That is such a steal to me, one of the best WRs in the NFL for pennies.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

• Like 1

Just now, jrry32 said:

Shocking that Antonio Brown would want more money. Absolutely shocking. That clearly proves that nothing was amiss. We should totally ignore what he has said.

He didn't get more money, they just moved his money to help their cap which gave him more in bonus. I've heard him talk, I will ignore what he says. He is a me player and a me person.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Players having more leverage sounds like a good thing to me. Thank you, Steelers.

Never gonna get the masses to agree wit this. We are selfish as fans as we pretend to care about the players till they cross our team. Then we hate everything they stand for and should honor their deals and just be happy with their millions. But when said players start to suck after big deal we call on our billionaire owner to cut that player for not living up to the original deal. We're cool with 1 side not sticking to the deal...but let's not have the player ask for more money once he out performs the deal. Then he's just a spoiled rich brat. 

Anyways up at 3 am just saw this post and liked what I read. Don't intend to get into a huge discussion over this. Just some random on the brain.

• Like 4

He didn't get more money, they just moved his money to help their cap which gave him more in bonus. I've heard him talk, I will ignore what he says. He is a me player and a me person.

You said he signed a new contract. There's the more money. And why would he turn the Steelers down when they decided to give him a huge bonus check to help their cap? Regardless, you ignoring what he says doesn't change the situation. These issues don't just come out of nowhere. Things build up and then erupt. Brown had multiple eruptions during the 2018 season, starting as early as September. And they just happened to involve Ben. That should tell you something. And it's obviously not going to help matters when Ben throws AB under the bus to avoid taking blame for throwing away the game.

• Like 1