Official FIRE KEVIN COLBERT Thread

43M

This dude is a coward

[removed]

Ill still post here to laugh at them as the continue running this team into the ground.    At this point, I seriously doubt I watch the draft or any of the games in 2019.     Call me liar....we will see.    Like I said....between everything else going on with the NFL, my interest was already waning....and as of right now, I have no desire to watch this team going forward.   Not until major changes are made.

And for those of you who will claim Im overreacting or acting like the sky is falling....Im actually extremely calm as I type this.     If my emotions were running wild right now, I might believe that I am going to come down off this rage filled rant....but no.   I am completely level headed right now, and I still feel this way.   I want this team to completely start over....unfortunately, Art II is an idiot too, so it might never get better until he steps away.

Flame on.

This whole situation makes the Steelers look really bad, there's no way around it.  Ultimately, Brown played the team like a fiddle.  He got everything he wanted and wasn't penalized in the slightest.  

With that being said, what should Colbert do?  He could've kept Brown and let him deal with it OR he could've received some sort of value, regardless of how bad the value was.  I don't know what the right move would've been but it would've been disastrous for the team to keep him on the team while he blasts off on social media every week during the season.  Possibly more disastrous than the compensation we received. 

It was an impossible situation but I'm amazed at just how little compensation they got for him.  The whole situation sucks.

6 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

This whole situation makes the Steelers look really bad, there's no way around it.  Ultimately, Brown played the team like a fiddle.  He got everything he wanted and wasn't penalized in the slightest.  

With that being said, what should Colbert do?  He could've kept Brown and let him deal with it OR he could've received some sort of value, regardless of how bad the value was.  I don't know what the right move would've been but it would've been disastrous for the team to keep him on the team while he blasts off on social media every week during the season.  Possibly more disastrous than the compensation we received. 

It was an impossible situation but I'm amazed at just how little compensation they got for him.  The whole situation sucks.

You dont cave to a player trying to hold your franchise hostage.    Colbert ******* said he wasnt going to trade Brown unless we got adequate compensation.....and we didnt.   Not even close.     He bent over and took it hard from Brown.     He made this franchise look weak.   He let AB humiliate him and this team.          He just wanted to trade him before his bonus kicked in.   

Colbert is a *****.   Thats all there is to it.  

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

I appreciate Colbert for help building a great run since 2000, but maybe its time for a change..keep him in the organization, but give someone else his GM duties

when is his deal up?

No.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. T.O got traded for a 4th to philly. The reasons T.O comes up, is the way A.B is acting and both were still putting solid numbers on the field. I blame A.B more then cobert that botched the value of the trade. If we sit back and look at all that A.B has said and done on his part dating back to the playoff game against the chiefs. Eventually, numbers don’t matter. I think you hit the spots as vulgar as any of us would. I do wish we would of just suspended his dumb***. More then happy he’s gone if that’s what the crybaby wants. Doesn’t mean that Colbert is off the hot seat.

Here is the bigger issue. We all know all of the things Colbert has said this entire time through this process and then caved to a player and another teams poor offer. He has killed his own credibility and negotiating power. As a GM he has made himself virtually powerless imo.

Archived