Official FIRE KEVIN COLBERT Thread

43M

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This dude is a coward

[removed]

Ill still post here to laugh at them as the continue running this team into the ground.    At this point, I seriously doubt I watch the draft or any of the games in 2019.     Call me liar....we will see.    Like I said....between everything else going on with the NFL, my interest was already waning....and as of right now, I have no desire to watch this team going forward.   Not until major changes are made.

And for those of you who will claim Im overreacting or acting like the sky is falling....Im actually extremely calm as I type this.     If my emotions were running wild right now, I might believe that I am going to come down off this rage filled rant....but no.   I am completely level headed right now, and I still feel this way.   I want this team to completely start over....unfortunately, Art II is an idiot too, so it might never get better until he steps away.

Flame on.

I pretty much have the same outlook. The major changes I would require won't be happening, that much I know. I dislike way too much about this team as it stands, and football in general. This isn't the same as 2008 that's for sure, the league has ruined the game and this spoof colbert has helped ruin the steelers. Recovering from his mistakes could take years.  They could have at least thrown burns in the AB trade for a new a spare tire. Maybe dupree too, as the raiders needed a passrusher , so that would have helped. Mayock got his revenge on the steelers after they cut him.

I could add to this, but no need to . It's over 

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I just wanna say, I have been saying a long with War that we needed to fire Colbert forever and people basically called me an idiot.

Funny how things change. 

I used to get heat for being a colbert critic, now it's too late, he has sunk the ship.  

45 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I used to get heat for being a colbert critic, now it's too late, he has sunk the ship.  

For whatever its worth, I read on profootballrumors the deal with the bills was swapping of our firsts and mid round picks for Brown but then Brown scared them off.  I would've been fine with that deal.

Colbert deserves some heat on this one, no doubt.  But the situation was about as nightmarish as one could imagine.  Impossible situation for a GM to be in

12 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

For whatever its worth, I read on profootballrumors the deal with the bills was swapping of our firsts and mid round picks for Brown but then Brown scared them off.  I would've been fine with that deal.

Colbert deserves some heat on this one, no doubt.  But the situation was about as nightmarish as one could imagine.  Impossible situation for a GM to be in

the problem was how this all was allowed to turn into what it has.

Tomin has no control over players

ben has training camp in september and costs the team 

ben calls out teammates while he can't throw to them until october and even then gets colour-blind 

colbert should have been fired a few years ago, and look what he has done in the last few years.

If the team had a coach like Noll, Parcells, BB, Gibbs for example, this wouldn't have happened. The GM, also is to blame, at this stage possibly the most blame on colbert, but it's too late. He has to salvage rather than deal - and the picks showed that.  

@43M, are you expecting a WR in RD1 now xD  , I just remembered that.  Our framed RD2 fail for sure pick will be burns.2 or dupree.2

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

the problem was how this all was allowed to turn into what it has.

Tomin has no control over players

ben has training camp in september and costs the team 

ben calls out teammates while he can't throw to them until october and even then gets colour-blind 

colbert should have been fired a few years ago, and look what he has done in the last few years.

If the team had a coach like Noll, Parcells, BB, Gibbs for example, this wouldn't have happened. The GM, also is to blame, at this stage possibly the most blame on colbert, but it's too late. He has to salvage rather than deal - and the picks showed that.  

@43M, are you expecting a WR in RD1 now xD  , I just remembered that.  Our framed RD2 fail for sure pick will be burns.2 or dupree.2

I completely agree.  The fact that it reached this point falls on the team management for not squashing this type of nonsense beforehand and not being able to foresee the nightmare this situation has become.  We lost one of the best players of the generation for basically nothing during Ben's final years nonetheless.  I'm ready to stay off twitter for a few days so I don't have to be reminded of how bad this deal is and then move on.

If I'm Art Rooney, Tomlin & Colbert are on very thin ice going forward.  On the plus side, I'm hoping the circus that has been the Steelers for the past few years finally comes to an end. 

3 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

I completely agree.  The fact that it reached this point falls on the team management for not squashing this type of nonsense beforehand and not being able to foresee the nightmare this situation has become.  We lost one of the best players of the generation for basically nothing during Ben's final years nonetheless.  I'm ready to stay off twitter for a few days so I don't have to be reminded of how bad this deal is and then move on.

If I'm Art Rooney, Tomlin & Colbert are on very thin ice going forward.  On the plus side, I'm hoping the circus that has been the Steelers for the past few years finally comes to an end. 

Losing makes it worse, wait until this season progresses.  A 1974 draft might salvage, but otherwise expect more of the same, excuses, blaming, ben calling out more teammates (because of losing more) and tomlin doing nothing about it other than say the word 'execute' all the time (blame the players).    

13 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Losing makes it worse, wait until this season progresses.  A 1974 draft might salvage, but otherwise expect more of the same, excuses, blaming, ben calling out more teammates (because of losing more) and tomlin doing nothing about it other than say the word 'execute' all the time (blame the players).    

Indeed, that's why I said I'm hoping rather than anything more definitive.  I'm hoping behind closed doors Colbert does his job and tells Ben to lay off the radio show and if he wants to criticize, do it behind closed doors face-face.  Ben feels more entitled than he should and the front office condoning it is absurd.

With that being said, I don't expect the Steelers to become a sudden bottom-dweller.  The team is still capable of making the playoffs.  However, I have officially shut the door on any sort of superbowl run

After getting some rest...I feel the same way.  Zero desire to watch this team until Colbert is gone.  I have no respect left for him.  He hasn't been a good GM for a while, but I didn't hate the dude.  Now, I really hate him ( I hate him as GM....not as a person).

Until he is gone, my interest in this team will be minimal. 

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers made the playoffs next year.  This is going to be a great opportunity for JuJu Smith-Schuster to be the man and some of those other young guys (even some they might acquire later) to develop further. 

As a Seahawks fan, it sucks giving up players you've rooted for and identified with for years.  I felt bad when the team let go of Sherman, Chancellor, Bennett and then the whole Earl Thomas situation.  The truth is, those guys had to go.  They were creating a toxic environment in the locker room and in the media (not Chancellor from what I can recall).  The team actually got better once those guys were gone, which nobody on earth predicted.

The AFC North is wide open for the taking and I think the Steelers are going to have something to say about it.

Just now, showtime said:

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers made the playoffs next year.  This is going to be a great opportunity for JuJu Smith-Schuster to be the man and some of those other young guys (even some they might acquire later) to develop further. 

As a Seahawks fan, it sucks giving up players you've rooted for and identified with for years.  I felt bad when the team let go of Sherman, Chancellor, Bennett and then the whole Earl Thomas situation.  The truth is, those guys had to go.  They were creating a toxic environment in the locker room and in the media (not Chancellor from what I can recall).  The team actually got better once those guys were gone, which nobody on earth predicted.

The AFC North is wide open for the taking and I think the Steelers are going to have something to say about it.

A completely fair analysis.  Thanks for the one comment that gives me slight hope for the future.  Depressing day for Steeler fans

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Of all the teams yours has proven that a step or 2 back can progress it forward in a much better direction. I like the outside perspective here

Just now, Steelers22 said:

A completely fair analysis.  Thanks for the one comment that gives me slight hope for the future.  Depressing day for Steeler fans

I know it's hard to be positive at a time like this.  I was really down in the dumps when the Seahawks lost those guys (Sheldon Richardson and Cliff Avril as well).  Everyone in the media predicted the Seahawks to not make the playoffs - many had them at 4-12 or even worse.  It sucks to lose one of your teams best players, especially with the cap hit this year and possibly feeling like they did not get the type of compensation you would have liked.  This absolutely had to be done, though.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I dont think anyone has a problem with us getting rid of Brown in general.     We are pissed because Colbert did exactly what he said he wouldnt do, and let Brown play him and control the situation from start to finish.

Brown got exactly what he wanted, and he did it by essentially kicking and screaming his way out....and Colbert just let it happen.

There is no spinning this into a positive.     Colbert proved he is a weak pushover, and I will never respect the dude again.

I'll just repost this here, with one key detail highlighted:

Is it actually Colbert? Even in 2010 when they dumped Santonio for a 5th, the marching orders came from Art II. Everyone knew the team was done with Holmes and they had no leverage of any kind. I'm pretty sure a similar story is going to come out here. Hell, in 2010 that moron Art II was willing to dump Ben so he could rush to the podium to draft Sam Bradford. It was Colbert who killed the trade talk by stalling. We already have evidence with Art II allowing Brown to post that Twitter picture and coming out and saying that they'd trade Brown while earlier in the off-season openly saying that it was tough to envision him being back.

The only way to win with Brown would have been to make him think the team would really call his bluff and force him to come back. But if the owner publicly and privately makes it known that they aren't going to take that route, you end up with this circus where Brown calls his own shots.

I don't even know how you can blame Colbert for Bell. No player has done what Bell did. Is Colbert responsible for how the team structures contracts, or is that again a Rooney thing/we do what we do?

Art II has this idea of the Steelers way in his head that really isn't the Steelers way as practiced by his father. The only good thing he ever did was call out Cowher after 2004. But whatever motivated him to do that, he doesn't have it anymore.

Archived