Official FIRE KEVIN COLBERT Thread

43M

16 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

After getting some rest...I feel the same way.  Zero desire to watch this team until Colbert is gone.  I have no respect left for him.  He hasn't been a good GM for a while, but I didn't hate the dude.  Now, I really hate him ( I hate him as GM....not as a person).

Until he is gone, my interest in this team will be minimal. 

almost anything will be better than watching and rooting for this team. You won't be sorry that's for sure.  

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

We are pissed because Colbert did exactly what he said he wouldnt do, and let Brown play him and control the situation from start to finish.

I mean, Colbert's comments kind of contrasted with those of his own boss made just a few days before that. So, I ask again...is it Colbert, or someone else sticking their nose in things that they really aren't qualified to handle?

1 minute ago, CKSteeler said:

I mean, Colbert's comments kind of contrasted with those of his own boss made just a few days before that. So, I ask again...is it Colbert, or someone else sticking their nose in things that they really aren't qualified to handle?

don't waste your  time, it's never going to get better until major changes take place. Firing colbert is step #1, until then expect more of the same. Don't waste your time.

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

don't waste your  time, it's never going to get better until major changes take place. Firing colbert is step #1, until then expect more of the same. Don't waste your time.

Colbert is many things, but he is not dumb. He knows how to negotiate. Negotiations don't work when the guy who out ranks Colbert undercuts him repeatedly.

He needs to be aggressive the rest of the off-season. He for once has the money to do that. If he doesn't, I'll hold that against him. But Art II should have just kept his mouth shut from the very start. I'd bet money on who was calling the shots here and why.

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

This is a dark time to be a Steeler fan, no doubt.  But let's not lose sight of the fact that if you were to choose to be a fan of any team within the past 20 years, the Steelers would be in the top 5.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but it's not like we're in the midst of a dark age like the Bengals/Browns before us.  We've had it pretty good for a while.  Like many of us, I too think we're about to go in a downswing but lets not act like all has been bad

6 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Get rid of Art II.

Get rid of Tomlin.

I want them all gone TBH.

I havent been a fan of Colbert for years.   Never been a fan of Art 2.   Was on the fence about Tomlin but was leaning away.

Now....I want a page 1 rewrite.     

4 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Colbert is many things, but he is not dumb. He knows how to negotiate. Negotiations don't work when the guy who out ranks Colbert undercuts him repeatedly.

He needs to be aggressive the rest of the off-season. He for once has the money to do that. If he doesn't, I'll hold that against him. But Art II should have just kept his mouth shut from the very start. I'd bet money on who was calling the shots here and why.

DO NOT attempt to let Colbert off the hook. Its 100% Cobert. He is the one that talked firmly about settling for nothing short of a 1st round pick and more. He is the one that drafted Dupree, Jones, and a 3rd round project safety. 

He he made statements he didnt have the ability to back up and now he and the organization looks like a bunch of clowns.

The narrative will be "lets let Colbert tell us what he wants, then we will cut that by 2/3 and he will jump on it because he acts on desperation."

He will never get a trade he desires moving forward.

Just now, Steelers22 said:

This is a dark time to be a Steeler fan, no doubt.  But let's not lose sight of the fact that if you were to choose to be a fan of any team within the past 20 years, the Steelers would be in the top 5.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but it's not like we're in the midst of a dark age like the Bengals/Browns before us.  We've had it pretty good for a while.  Like many of us, I too think we're about to go in a downswing but lets not act like all has been bad

The problem is this team has so badly underachieved and been terrible in UFA and the draft. They got by on talent, that's it and some here have had enough. Colbert should have been fired a while ago, but he is just one example. The team is the kardashians of the nfl as schefter said. How can you want to watch that? They used to be a blue collar no BS team , now they are the total opposite, yet some of the fans cling on. It's over, this is the new steelers. 

2 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

I will always love the Steelers for what they once meant to me, and they will always have a place in my heart (sounds cheesy, but whatever).     But I have zero respect or faith for the current regime anymore.

You can't really get rid of Art II, unfortunately. Hopefully he has a smarter son who will inherit the team one day.

Regardless, I'd just tell people look at the timeline and what they thought even at the time.

Art II's first public comments on the matter basically sealed the deal on Brown leaving. He announced to the world it was almost certain he'd be gone. People wondered if he was bluffing, because why else come out and publicly just announce something like that. He wasn't bluffing. He was being 100% sincere  in the most public of forums.

Then he meets with the idiot Brown, further feeding the idiots ego. Allows that Twitter picture to go up, and even let's Brown announce they'd trade him. That meeting didn't even need to take place. It was a waste of time that simply added to the circus Brown wanted to create. He furthered the impression that Brown was the one in control.

Right there, leverage was lost. Brown and his agent knew they'd get their way. And so did the rest of the league. Odds are that Art didn't want to cough up another $2.5 million to Brown, either, so you get this artificial deadline. The only thing Colbert could have done here is directly tell Art II to go to hell and that he wouldn't pull the trigger for the sake of it.

16 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

The problem is this team has so badly underachieved and been terrible in UFA and the draft. They got by on talent, that's it and some here have had enough. Colbert should have been fired a while ago, but he is just one example. The team is the kardashians of the nfl as schefter said. How can you want to watch that? They used to be a blue collar no BS team , now they are the total opposite, yet some of the fans cling on. It's over, this is the new steelers. 

I both agree with you and I don't.  They have underachieved but context is important.  This team has been incredibly talented in the midst of the Patriots reign of dominance.  It is analogous to being an NBA star during the Jordan years.  They have been awful in free agency and pretty bad in the draft BUT they have had one of the most talented teams in the league--that credit needs to be given to Colbert (along with his failures).  

The teams we've had over the past two years have been the least likable teams I've ever rooted for.  I don't particularly like Ben, he gets on my nerves.  Brown and Bell--no need to say anything.  Harrison was a pain in the *** as well.  A lot of blame goes to Tomlin for this stuff.  Even if we aren't as good of a team going forward, I'll welcome (I'm hoping) not having to see this damn team in the media every week about non-football related events.  I was beginning to truly dislike the team (despite my heart being all in on them) 

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I will always love the Steelers for what they once meant to me, and they will always have a place in my heart (sounds cheesy, but whatever).     But I have zero respect or faith for the current regime anymore.

If you're at that point, it would seem that the AB situation was essentially the last straw for you.  Before this nightmarish situation occurred, what caused you to become so frustrated with the front office?  

I ask because the Steelers have been one of the most talented teams in the league over the past 5 years.  From my perspective, the constant circus revolving around the team has been so frustrating to watch but the talent has been far above average (of course far from perfect)

20 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

I both agree with you and I don't.  They have underachieved but context is important.  This team has been incredibly talented in the midst of the Patriots reign of dominance.  It is analogous to being an NBA star during the Jordan years.  They have been awful in free agency and pretty bad in the draft BUT they have had one of the most talented teams in the league--that credit needs to be given to Colbert (along with his failures).  

The teams we've had over the past two years have been the least likable teams I've ever rooted for.  I don't particularly like Ben, he gets on my nerves.  Brown and Bell--no need to say anything.  Harrison was a pain in the *** as well.  A lot of blame goes to Tomlin for this stuff.  Even if we aren't as good of a team going forward, I'll welcome (I'm hoping) not having to see this damn team in the media every week about non-football related events.  I was beginning to truly dislike the team (despite my heart being all in on them) 

Ben is a key part to the problem, he isn't getting better yet likes to blame others. 

another reason to not watch the NFL in general is to boycott the league since nobody can keep the pats from winning SB's. XXXX the NFL

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This dude is a coward

[removed]

Ill still post here to laugh at them as the continue running this team into the ground.    At this point, I seriously doubt I watch the draft or any of the games in 2019.     Call me liar....we will see.    Like I said....between everything else going on with the NFL, my interest was already waning....and as of right now, I have no desire to watch this team going forward.   Not until major changes are made.

And for those of you who will claim Im overreacting or acting like the sky is falling....Im actually extremely calm as I type this.     If my emotions were running wild right now, I might believe that I am going to come down off this rage filled rant....but no.   I am completely level headed right now, and I still feel this way.   I want this team to completely start over....unfortunately, Art II is an idiot too, so it might never get better until he steps away.

Flame on.

I couldn't have said it better myself. But wouldn't change start with Tomlin. Colbert has done better than any GM they have had

Archived