Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

I haven't had the opportunity to read all the posts on the trade for AB but wonder could this be an early result of the future attractiveness of playing for the Raiders in Vegas?  I mean we got him for nothing.  Browns had to give up a 1st and 3rd plus a player for OBJ.  Someone will say that's the Browns but I think it could be more than that.

Just now, S&B Bleeder said:

I haven't had the opportunity to read all the posts on the trade for AB but wonder could this be an early result of the future attractiveness of playing for the Raiders in Vegas?  I mean we got him for nothing.  Browns had to give up a 1st and 3rd plus a player for OBJ.  Someone will say that's the Browns but I think it could be more than that.

Not even browns still got a steal Antonio had leverage and won

I really think the Raiders won the AB trade especially considering they got a 5th back for KO who they where going cut anyway. I think they might be waiting until the league year starts before they make more moves so they know what their numbers really are. 

Ya'll are overrating the need for deep balls in this system. Brown is great at it but his best work is in the short/intermediate area where his quickness and route running prowess is showcased. He's the PERFECT #1 receiver for Chucky's system because of that skill set. It's about moving the chains and picking up YAC, not launching deep bombs all day. AB doesn't need 40 yard bombs to be an All-Pro wideout in our offense. He's gonna LOVE playing in this scheme.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Ya'll are overrating the need for deep balls in this system. Brown is great at it but his best work is in the short/intermediate area where his quickness and route running prowess is showcased. He's the PERFECT #1 receiver for Chucky's system because of that skill set. It's about moving the chains and picking up YAC, not launching deep bombs all day. AB doesn't need 40 yard bombs to be an All-Pro wideout in our offense. He's gonna LOVE playing in this scheme.

We still gotta go deep at least 4-5 times a game to keep the defense honest. Carrs deep ball is highly questionable. 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We still gotta go deep at least 4-5 times a game to keep the defense honest. Carrs deep ball is highly questionable. 

Do we? I mean how often do the Patriots throw downfield? If you scheme and execute correctly it shouldn’t ever be a problem. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Do we? I mean how often do the Patriots throw downfield? If you scheme and execute correctly it shouldn’t ever be a problem. 

Yeah but Carr is nowhere near as precise as Brady to methodically pick apart a defense all game in the short and intermediate game. He'll make a mistake sooner or later. 

You have to be able to take shots downfield to keep the defense honest like BR said. 

5 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yeah but Carr is nowhere near as precise as Brady to methodically pick apart a defense all game in the short and intermediate game. He'll make a mistake sooner or later. 

You have to be able to take shots downfield to keep the defense honest like BR said. 

Brady has very competent WRs who are always where they need to be. Something that gets overlooked is there’s always someone open close to the line. The Raiders aren’t as disciplined as the Patriots WRs at all. I think this is where Brown is going to change things, combine his route running and hands, he’s going to make things easier on Carr. Now i think Carr can throw the deep ball of a guy is running free and open. He’s made pretty passes in the past, of course that was before the leg injury. But to say they are going to need to throw 4-5 time downfield is a bit much, i think in this offense it’ll be more like 2-3 times. 

• Like 1

One thing about Carr/AB: with Brown and Nelson as reliable as WR as there is with catching and route running, we will see a lot less of those instances where Carr is b1tchin that his WR ran the wrong route. To me I always sided with Carr on those, now they should never happen with that precise WR tandem. If it is still happening, we essentially know it's Carr's fault.

That also just reminded me of the pick 6 against KC on the worst "route" I have ever seen by Cook. Thinking about it almost makes me not want to bring him back lol. 

Carr may not be as good as we once hoped, but damn he has really put up with some boneheaded WR play.