Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

We gave Coop a pass the first few times and those had nothing to do with a hit. That one that got him concussed was the hot route and Carr tried to keep the pass low, just got too low. Poor throw indeed but  Coop had dropped plenty of passes before that one.

There was a pass against the Broncos also that was high, outside his body, and over the middle that got him destroyed in 2017.  That was not the first time he did that but was the first time he was knocked out.

30 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

There was a pass against the Broncos also that was high, outside his body, and over the middle that got him destroyed in 2017.  That was not the first time he did that but was the first time he was knocked out.

While you can can find fault in the pass being high that hit was coming anyway whether the pass we a dime in the numbers or at his feet. Coop made in worst by ducking his head into the hit. Not that its all his fault. Just a bang bang play that makes football so dangerous. The real remedy is better play design. Smart coaches don't run double slants with no interference routes to draw off the lurkers.

8 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

While you can can find fault in the pass being high that hit was coming anyway whether the pass we a dime in the numbers or at his feet. Coop made in worst by ducking his head into the hit. Not that its all his fault. Just a bang bang play that makes football so dangerous. The real remedy is better play design. Smart coaches don't run double slants with no interference routes to draw off the lurkers.

I would say the one against the Broncos was more Carr's fault than the Seahawks throw.  The Seahawk's hit was more on the defender.  The Broncos throw lead him right into traffic and was a bad throw overall.  My overall point was not Carr being good or bad but the hearing footsteps.  Carr panics and it is because he got injured.  Cooper drops a pass over the middle and he sucks.

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I would say the one against the Broncos was more Carr's fault than the Seahawks throw.  The Seahawk's hit was more on the defender.  The Broncos throw lead him right into traffic and was a bad throw overall.  My overall point was not Carr being good or bad but the hearing footsteps.  Carr panics and it is because he got injured.  Cooper drops a pass over the middle and he sucks.

Because Coop was dropping passes before this. He came in the league with this issue. Now was it exacerbated by these two plays, maybe, but that is like saying your fat because you got hurt and can't work out when you had terrible eating habit and poor exercise before the injury.

1 minute ago, NightTrainLane said:

Because Coop was dropping passes before this. He came in the league with this issue. Now was it exacerbated by these two plays, maybe, but that is like saying your fat because you got hurt and can't work out when you had terrible eating habit and poor exercise before the injury.

I understand he did have a lot of drops before his rookie year but in year 2 he dropped that number to 4.  2017 he leads the league again and there are other reasons for it but I believe that him getting destroyed over the middle started to take its toll.  That Broncos game was not the first time Carr lead him that way but was the first time he got knocked out.

48 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand he did have a lot of drops before his rookie year but in year 2 he dropped that number to 4.  2017 he leads the league again and there are other reasons for it but I believe that him getting destroyed over the middle started to take its toll.  That Broncos game was not the first time Carr lead him that way but was the first time he got knocked out.

So it's neither is to "blame" and they both are.

Good talk.

Moving on.

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

He only slept with Jordan Poyer's wife and that was after Poyer was sleeping around on his wife so it wasn't AB fault he was just in the right place at the right time. 

I'm sure this is a issue that happens more than we think 

Yup, people doing people things.