Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

OG to replace Osemele. Cody Ford or Garrett Bradbury

If we cut KO we should just re-sign Feliciano assuming it is at a reasonable rate. I don’t get why would we want to draft another OT after watching our rookies struggle last year. If Penn is cut we need a vet to push Parker and Miller. 

10 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Need to see how free agency turns out before getting into draft picks beyond #4. It can change the whole landscape. At this point it's wide open (should be defense heavy) but just the decision on Cook alone could sway us to/from TE.

Good point. I see a lot of people adding draft picks where we could cover that position on FA

21 minutes ago, Dessie said:

If we cut KO we should just re-sign Feliciano assuming it is at a reasonable rate. I don’t get why would we want to draft another OT after watching our rookies struggle last year. If Penn is cut we need a vet to push Parker and Miller. 

I think Parker should be moved to guard—especially if Osemele is cut. He simply cannot cut it at tackle. I’m all for trading back and drafting a starting tackle in round one.

I can’t act like I know Parker’s career when he was in college but I’m almost positive he never played OG in college could be wrong, but you just don’t switch him to OG at the highest level. That would be a disaster and might as well just move on from him. Have to be patient and see how he looks in OTA and eary in camp. You sign yourself a vet who can start if needed. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think Parker should be moved to guard—especially if Osemele is cut. He simply cannot cut it at tackle. I’m all for trading back and drafting a starting tackle in round one.

In that scenario we would need both guard and tackle, if you are cutting KO we  couldn’t go into the season starting a rookie RT and Parker as Guard.

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I can’t act like I know Parker’s career when he was in college but I’m almost positive he never played OG in college could be wrong, but you just don’t switch him to OG at the highest level. That would be a disaster and might as well just move on from him. Have to be patient and see how he looks in OTA and eary in camp. You sign yourself a vet who can start if needed. 

Plenty of tackles have successfully made the transition to gaurd.

47 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I just want the team to build a long-term winner. We won 12 games 3 years ago and then fell off because our roster wasn't built to sustain success. What crap team has built around older skill position players and became a contender? 

Gruden still thinks you can win with old WR's because he won with a 35-year-old Tim Brown and a 40-year-old Jerry Rice.

..and a 31 year old keyshawn Johnson. Seems to be working for him. Just sayin.

Let's face it, every signing and draft pick isn't going to be a young stud who is destined to spend the next decade with us. Free agency and draft period will always be littered with young, old, busts, gems, surprises and disappointments. Some young will be busts, some old will be gems. If everyone we sign is one mold then yes, but one signing hasn't signalled that we've wasted away our future. We still have 4 picks in the first 35, I'm fairly certain we're going to pick players that we'll build around.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Plenty of tackles have successfully made the transition to gaurd.

Well this is true. I would say majority of them that did were not as raw as Parker and at least played some OG in college. Wanna know how to end Parker’s career before it really started? Asking him to play OG. Have to give him a chance and a full offseason. Allow him to get stronger and build his body for the NFL. 

53 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Unless KO gets cut there is not a snowballs chance in hell that thet spend one of the top 35 picks on the OL. 

I don't know man. You saw how bad our oline played as a unit last year. It was atrocious. There's no way we go into next year with zero changes or efforts to make some big upgrades.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

What if I told you Gruden flipped Amari Cooper, a 3rd and a 5th for Antonio brown and a 1st. O.o

I'm torn about the move.  I like the compensation we gave up, that is great value for one of the best WR's in the NFL.  There is no doubting AB's talent and work ethic but we cant deny that he is 31 and his game is built on speed and elusiveness.  Once he starts to lose those attributes he wont be the AB we all know.  Will it be this year, next year or year 3 is anyones guess.  I also question how he will react if this team has another 4 win season.

On a positive note we landed AB for a 3rd and 5th and I think having AB will help us attract better FA's.  I'm torn about the contract bc it severely cuts into the amount of cap space we have available.  Before we landed AB I was skeptical about the quality of FA we could attract when most agents think of this franchise as a laughing stock and a bottom of the barrel team/roster.    Hopefully landing AB makes playing for the Raiders more attractive to FA's.  Even though we have less cap space than before landing AB, when it's all over it may be a positive when it comes to FA.  

Time will tell if the move was good or not...  I would also be open to signing Bell if the price is right.  That would allow us to go heavy on D with our first 4 picks in the draft.  If we do land Bell I could see 3 of the 4 pics being D and one of the picks being a WR. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm torn about the move.  I like the compensation we gave up, that is great value for one of the best WR's in the NFL.  There is no doubting AB's talent and work ethic but we cant deny that he is 31 and his game is built on speed and elusiveness.  Once he starts to lose those attributes he wont be the AB we all know.  Will it be this year, next year or year 3 is anyones guess.  I also question how he will react if this team has another 4 win season.

On a positive note we landed AB for a 3rd and 5th and I think having AB will help us attract better FA's.  I'm torn about the contract bc it severely cuts into the amount of cap space we have available.  Before we landed AB I was skeptical about the quality of FA we could attract when most agents think of this franchise as a laughing stock and a bottom of the barrel team/roster.    Hopefully landing AB makes playing for the Raiders more attractive to FA's.  Even though we have less cap space than before landing AB, when it's all over it may be a positive when it comes to FA.  

Time will tell if the move was good or not...

I think the fact that Vegas is so close is the first Domino to fall in that regard. Bigger free agents that are going to get 3-5 years here now see us as a Vegas team. And that alone will draw in a lot of people, for income reasons and personal reasons. Gruden is probably helping also, unless he fails hard another year or two he's still regarded as a big name HC. All we need next is to start winning and we'd probably be one of if not the most desirable team in the league.

9 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I think the fact that Vegas is so close is the first Domino to fall in that regard. Bigger free agents that are going to get 3-5 years here now see us as a Vegas team. And that alone will draw in a lot of people, for income reasons and personal reasons. Gruden is probably helping also, unless he fails hard another year or two he's still regarded as a big name HC. All we need next is to start winning and we'd probably be one of if not the most desirable team in the league.

This.

Maybe guys are just to young to know this, but the Patriots were one of the worst franchises in the league before Brady and Belichek. I'm sure teenagers view the Raiders the way I viewed the Patriots.

Winning changes everything and you never know when that change can begin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Well this is true. I would say majority of them that did were not as raw as Parker and at least played some OG in college. Wanna know how to end Parker’s career before it really started? Asking him to play OG. Have to give him a chance and a full offseason. Allow him to get stronger and build his body for the NFL. 

That did not stop Cable from putting him at RT when he played LT all 4 years of college.  Also moved Miller to LT when he clearly played better at UCLA when he was a RT.  Cable is a horrible coach and needs to be replaced now.  This team gets ten times better as soon as we get an O line coach that is good.

• Like 1